Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Shopping
34 Posts
Gopsill,
Balcon Del Mar is on Calle Reina Sofia which is the mian road going out from the Old Town towards Macher.
Shop opening times can vary a bit, but assuming you're talking about supermarkets, most close around 10 ish. Watch out for different opening hours on Sundays though.
OLE
Thanks for that Ole,

By any chance do you know which end of calle reine sofia the balcon del mar apartments are. Our apartment is on Salinas, so would it be towards the coast or away from the coast?

Thank you.
At least till 10:00pm I think.

No idea where those apartments are - heve you put a search in Google?
As you will see from my 'Can'd Decide' post, I am unsure whether to go to Playa Blanca or Puerto del Carmen.

Can anyone tell me where the good shopping centres are in either resort?

I am hoping that this might go towards helping me decide which resort to go to.
The shopping in Playa Blanca is mainly down the high-street, very much like home, with a few shops intermingled amongst bars & restaurants in other places. There's some nice shopping to be had, and some gorgeous if huge souvenirs there too

Puerto del carmen has all the usual suspect shops, electrical, clothing, perfume etc, and a couple of great centres like the Biosphere which is 3 or 4 storey and has some amazing views & great shops :)
Take a trip to the Deilander shopping Centre in Arrecife,buses are cheap and stop close bye. :)
I read on the resort review that someone had posted that there is a large shopping centre with 3/4 floors. Could someone tell me where about in the resort this is/map location, and what shops are in there?

Thanks
It's called the Biosfera and you can find it on section 2 of this map. Click on it and it's in bottom left hand corner.

http://www.lanzarote-tour.com/servicios/planos/puerto_delcarmen.php

Wide range of shops including fashion. :)
Can anyone tell me where the Shopping Centre is in PDC, and what shops are in it.

Particularly looking for Mango and Zara, we may take a trip to Arrecife also anyway....anyone know if Zara is in Arrecife, I know there's a Mango there.
The shopping centre in Puerto del Carmen is next door to the Post Office and Guardia Civil, and is called Biosfera. It isn't very big, but there is a large Zara, Mango, Pull and Bear, Encuentro, Body Shop, some accessory shops, shoe shops, Levi shop and others. It is open from 10.00 am till 10.00 pm every day, except Sunday when I think it opens at 11.00 am, not sure of closing on that day.

There is going to be a Zara in Arrecife, but I haven't been for a couple of weeks, and at that time it still wasn't open, though the signs were all over the windows saying Opening Soon.

Deiland Plaza in Playa Honda has Stradivarious, Don Algodon, Cortefiel, Springfield (mens), Womens Secret, Body Shop but not much else. Their opening hours are much the same as Biosfera, and you can easily catch a bus to it from Puerto.

Hope this helps, and any more questions on shopping, just ask :D
I loved this place i thought the girls clothing shops were brill I got some really good bargains :D
Looks like a pretty big shopping centre - what type of shops do they have? And what are the prices like?
If you scroll across at the beginning of the thread you will see some of the shops there that I mentioned. Prices seem to be cheaper than UK, for example in Zara, what would be 30 quid in UK is 30 euros etc etc. But in the photos it may look big, but it isn't!!!!!!! Just that by adding the photos the reply field has got bigger!! :D
Don't know where the post office etc is....

Can someone explain location....near old town, in centre, up a side street or whatever??? I've been to PDC a few years back stayed up the hill near the centre, but towards the old town (not in it, or terribly near it).

Other stay was in Matagorda. This stay will be in Matagorda.

Where is Zara opening in Arrecife - I know a 'main' side street where Mango is, is it on that same street?
Sorry!!!! :oops: If you are coming along the seafront from Matagorda, with the sea on your left, go right through Puerto Del Carmen new town, then the road bears right up a hill past the Fariones Apts, to a roundabout at the top. Bear round the roundabout to the left and Biosfera is right there! There is a bus stop right outside - can't miss it, especially now you can see photos of it above!!!

Zara in Arrecife is going to open on the same street at Mango. Again with Mango on your right, Zara is on your left about halfway up the street. As I say, not sure when it is opening, as I haven't been to Arrecife in a few weeks.
easiest words of spanish

"biosfera plaza por favor" :D
bus
So I could get the bus right over there then from Matagorda. Will I see it along the way? I take it that the road turning up may be where I think the old town is. I can remember there's nothing on the beach side of the road as you head that way, then there's a long shop (or shops) on the left, then the road head uphill a bit to the right? Am I describing this well?
as far as i know lesley, the bus from the far end of matagorda (get on by hotel le geria or costa sal if u dont mind a shortish walk) stops at the plaza too :)
Recorrido: Los Alonsos-Estacion de Guaguas-Playa del Reducto-Cruce Playa Honda-Matagorda-Hotel Jameos-Costa Mar-Hotel San Antonio-C.C. Wellcome Sea-La Penita-Arena Dorada-Apartahotel Los Fariones-Costa Volcan-Balcon del Mar-Puerto Calero.

get on at something like the Matagorda/los jameos and off at the los fariones. then follow the road uphill away from the seafront and you'll come to an island, from there the bisofera should be noticable :)
edit - check out the useful info from bawbees site - http://lanzarote.com/Guaguas/guaguas-in.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.