Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Helicopter
10 Posts
:cry: We loved it. It was one of the (many) holiday highlights. We travelled with a company called Cadogan and it was included in the cost of the package.

I guess it just isn't economic, Still v. pleased that I was able to give my kids the opportunity to go in a helicopter, beats the pants off a theme park ride anyday. :D
yes, it is/was expensive compared to flying by airplane, but for a helicopter ride, Lm 50 is actually quite cheap. I know one of the security guards who works at the heliport (fellow drinker in Rosinas Bar), and it was clear this has been coming.
As for the bridge, NO, NO, NO. Gozo would just become part of Malta, plus it would be equally uneconomic.
Hello Mark, first if I don't write to you again before the 14th of November have a very happy Birthday. Ok so the bridge is out, what about a tunnel like the one we have to France, then they could run up a big dept just like our tunnel and ask all the share holders to bail them out :twisted: But just think Valletta to Victoria in half an hour what fun that would be.

Dave
thank you, and the same to you - also on your 500th post !!

Atleast a tunnel would be easier for the Gozitan Separatists to destroy - you think they don't exist.... now Malta is in the EU, there are many reasons for Gozo to declare independence from Malta.. think of all those EU grants as Gozo is so much poorer than Malta - it must be, given how little tax Gozitans pay :wink:
Hello Mark, and thank you, well 500 posts I would have had five stars under the old way but it was never to be :wink:

Dave
OK, quiz time - when was Gozo last independent of Malta ?
Would you conduct the quiz in the chat topic please.

Thanks
Would it be 1798 to 1800?
Dave
I put my answer in chat :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.