Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
olu or hisaronu are nice areas with plenty to do
The Club Belcekic Beach in Olu Deniz is a great Family AI. One of the advantages is that unlike a lot of AI's its actually in the town so there are places to walk to of an evening, plue you can get in to Fethyie if you fancy a change. The beach isn't great as it's shingly, but the lagoon would be fine for children of the ages you mention.

I think June must be a great time to go to Turkey.
june is a great month with nice temperatures and not to crowded
http://www.lykiaworld.com
Lykia World is great for families. You can book direct if you don't need flights.
Last June the temperature got up to 50c!Thank goodness that was the day we came home as it was totally unbearable.
Lykia worls is brilliant so my friends said, been 4 times
i also vote for lykia making that 3 votes for lykia world, fab place but might be a bit on the dear side, the other place we stayed that was good for kids and is a 24 hour all inc was letoonia, we are booked to go to aegean dream next but dont think it will beat either of these complexes.

both lykia world and letoonia have their own websites so have a look

http://www.letoonia.com/fethiye/eng/index.html

http://www.lykiaworld.com/Index.aspx?txtLanguage=en
Hi
I have been to the HV in Sarigerme(in 2005) and also to Olu Deniz. i stayed at the Belcekiz Beach in Olu.(2006) The Belcekiz is a far better place to stay than HV. As already said, it is smack in the middle of Olu Deniz resort, which is far more scenic and beautiful than Sarigerme.
if you have only been to Sarigerme, then you have not seen Turkey for what it has to offer. Staying at the HV, you could be anywhere in the world because you simply are so isolated from civilisation!! and unless you venture out of the complex and take part in many trips, you could be in your home town with good weather!! It is very easy in a place like HV to stay put, but in Olu Deniz, all inclusive hotels you are right in the heart of things, so you get the best of both worlds, an all inclusive hotel, but with the real Turkey and a great resort right outside the threshold of the complex.
Lykia World is slightly out of the resort, but still very close to both resorts of Olu and Hisaronu, with Fethiye also a short dolmus ride away. it is also a very good base for the many trips should you wish to do them.

I personally, would NEVER go back to Sarigerme now I have been to Olu Deniz. We absolutely love Olu and Hisaronu and 2008 will be our 3rd year!!
susien good luck with whatever you choose to do
Hi Susien
I agree it is easy to get stuck in the HV and not get out and about.
We did get out a few times and done the 12 island boat trip and the dalyan day trip to turtle beach and the mud baths.
Because of my kids age and the location of the HV it was basicly all we could manage to do .
thanks for the advice, ( Olu Deniz is looking good so far.)
I dont think you will regret going to Olu Deniz. There is something for all ages there.
any ideas on hotel yet??

Our kids were 15 and 9 when we first stayed in Olu, they loved it.

We dont do many trips really, but it is so nice at the Belcekiz for just going for a walk of an evening after or before dinner.

If you choose Lykia World, it is out of the resort so you would have to catch a dolmus to resort, but its not far. I would love to go to Lykia World but its out of our price range!!
let us know what you choose :)
we went to Club sun city August 06 great if kids enjoy rep entertaiment during the day food was good (AI)
theres no buses from lykia into olu , you have to get a taxi, its about a mile outside, my friends used to walk to to far in the heat for us to walk !!! lykia is dear but definitely worth it, theres so much for the kids to do, the list is endless for all ages, we went with kids from 3 to 18 and they all loved it , my daughter was 5 at the time 2 1/2 years ago and still she mentions lykia as the best place shes stayed and there as been many since, so for it to remain in her memory just shows how great it was. the food is wonderful , scenery fab too, really worth saving up and trying it out
olu deniz beach resort is ok and its nearer but not on the same scale as lykia
Garry

You have not said if you want AI or not. If so, the 3 main hotels for AI are Belcekiz Beach (booked through Thomson or Portland), club Sun City and Olu Deniz beach resort.

The Belcekiz and Olu Deniz beach resort are both on the sea front, the sun City is further back but still only a 5 min walk away.

if you are willing to try self catering obviously there is a lot more to choose from, including the resort of Hisaronu which is a 5 min bus ride up the mountain.

if you go to Google Earth, you can clearly see the Bel. Beach, Olu Deniz Resort, and move along the coast a bit and you can also see Lykia World, so that will give you an idea of their locations.
Sue :D
Thanks Susien !!
( I DID SAY .,)( SC,HB or ALL-INN ) with my first post
Sorry you missed it
.With the price I can get just for flights ( £925, return.) And then £200-£350 per week ( SC VILLA WITH POOl sleeps 5).
I am stuck in a rutt.. All-inn or SC.....
i personally think with children all inc works out better not just for the food and drink side of things but entertainment too. turkey has gone up a lot in price over the last 2 years and is no longer that cheap so eating and drinking out is similar to uk a lot of the time. i have my mother here at the moment who lives in turkey and she said theres a lot of things in the uk a lot cheaper than turkey now. especially meal deals over here, we went to chicago rock for lunch last week, meal and drink for 3.25 or 4.25 depending what you had that inc pint of beer, she said no way would you get that as cheap in turkey. its nice to eat out in different places but it will cost you more than an all inc over a 2 week period, so its up to you
Cheers Ellie meg,
I think you are right , I can get a 2 for 1 meal deal in one of my local pubs (£5.95 two for one main course).
I think this would be hard to beat in any country.
When on holiday with 3 young bairns the all-in option works out better for all. (wallet included),
It has been 4yr since we last went SC . BUT I (we) miss the freedom of the SC option
I also hate keeping the kids locked to one eating place.
I (WE) basicly have £3500 for our next visit to Turkey (All-In , or SC .,)
and cant make our minds up yet.!!!!
The DIY option looks good and cheap, The all-in option saves a wee bit money (in the long run ,, I THINK!!!),
But my wife and myself need to see the real Turkey that everyone keeps talking about.
CATCH 22 I think .
Keep the Info comming as we cant decide what to do next.
Cheers Ginkster.
if you can afford lykia world i would definitely recommend it, the kids would love it and although its a full board+ some drinks, ie wine, beer and soft drinks are included with meals and there is a restaurant open all day so if you pop in 1 of those you dont need to buy any drinks during the day up til around 9.30pm. there is a water park, about 19 swimming pools , fab kids club where they can join in with the weekly show in the ampitheatre etc. lots of companies do lykia including booking direct. good luck with what ever you decide
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.