Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hey well as from reading the responces on here Marmaris is very popular?

It will be the first time I am travelling to Turkey I will be travelling alone I am a 25 female, Single.

And was looking at Gumbet, Bodum, Marmaris - I would like somewhere where I can have lazy days in the sun relaxing and somewhere which is quite lively or easy to meet people as I am travelling alone.

I would like views and recomendations or weather this isn't a good palce to travel alone?

Please any advice given.

Thanks
Dani
Hey cheers for that well going by that doesn't look too postive only 2 postives out of 5 the rest were negatives!!!
hi dani
have a look at the asarlik beach have been here and it was lovely h/b or the royal asarlik which is a/l and has good reviews . sorry they are in gumbet if you go here it's just nice and if you want busier then 10min to bordrum .
good luck in finding somewhere you'll love turkey :sun2
oh ok wicked thanks ill have a look at them when 10 mins way is fine for me is that ten min walk ot taxi ride?

And would it still be good with me travelling alone!

xxx
posted one your other site dani .
the asarlik beach , the views are excellant they are right on the beach te garden which overlooks the sea has plenty on sunloungers hammocks which you can laze away the day on plus waiter service while you sunbathe plenty of shopping to the food was good and it was a nice friendly place :wave:
hi dani 10mins on the dolmus bus which stops wherever you put your hand out and you can go on one of the tours that take you to the big market it's great plenty of bargains .
you might want to try olu denz to it gets a lot of good reports look in the hotel reviews under turkey and you will find a lot on there :wave:
Merged with other topic are there are several on the same subject.

You only need to post a query once as our Turkey regulars read all the new posts.

luci :wave
ok thansk for that ill have a look at them and the reviews.
Hi Danni, I used to live in Gumebt and I would say it is a very good place to go alone, I have known a lot of girs who have gone alon and made lots of friends out there. I would say it is better tah Marmaris as it is a lot smaller, you wont get lost or be too far from everything.

I am not a fan of AI, so i would recommend on of the apartments by the beach; Siesta Beach, Tropicana Beach ro Jasmine are all very nice, they have entertainment there if you want to meet people. There are also lots of friendly bars and restaurants around if you want to go out in the town.

Isis is a lovely hotel but it is a bit out of town so it wouldn't just be a walk home at night. The apartments I mentione are all on the beach at the ned of the aby and easy to get home from on your own at night.

If you want to know anything else just ask.

Kedi
hi there

I would also reccomend a small hotel ,not AI. you're more likely to make friends. Most AI tend to be big places and can lack that personal touch the smaller hotels have.
Turkey is a great place and we have had a briliant time eac time we have been.
Have a fab holiday

hugs la
In gumbet you will not get bored when you are 25 and single!
Please took a good appartment/hotel, becuase this could differ a lot in this place!

Jeroen
The Netherlands
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.