Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
weather in october usually pretty good. 25/30 deg evenings cool enough to be pleasent. choice of resorts playa del ingles or puerto rico, there are other smaller resorts but these are your main 2. I find playa del ingles a bit too much and too spread out. Puerto rico bit more family orientated and a bit easier to get around from. Dunno whether you want h/b all inc or self catering. Self catering LOADS of choice nicer ones tend to be terrezamar and terrezamar sunsuites, marina suites (also half board), Cala nova, cala dor. Hotels gloria palace, riu vistamar. most apartments to fit you would be 2 bedrooms so 2 would end up with a couch bed each, not many 3 beds around. see if any hotels in the reviews appeal and i can help you from there :lol:
Thanks NeilTheBeaver

That gives me something to work with. We're now looking at Puerto Rico s/c. Im going to check out the accommodation you suggested. Also thanks for your kind offer of further help.

Mer
Yep, if your going SC its got to be the terazzamar sunsuites, excellent accomodation amazing terraces and well placed for the commercial centre.
The kids will love the waterpark too and its only a couple mins walk from the sunsuites, its failrly expensive to get in but its a good day out and had a few quid spent on it recently plus your saving on bus to the likes of mas palomas waterpark.
If you like the beach try Amadores beach as well as PR, amadores is a couple of euros in a taxi or if you like a wander make your way to the harbour an follow the coastal path to the right its a 15-20 min casual stroll , when you turn the corner and get you first glimpse of amadores beach its truly stunning.I suppose thats why its called lovers beach!!
Enjoy :D
Steve
Sounds and looks good Steve, but only 1 bed-room apts available and there's 6 of us.

Mer
Yes your right, sorry never thought of that, we have been in a party of 7 but we had two suites, think you might struggle to find many places that sleep 6 without going for two rooms, I have stayed in the cumana apartments just up the road, they dont come close to the terazzamar but they are good cheap clean rooms and if I am sure they have two twin bedrooms plus a fold out setee in the main living area, might be worth a try, have a look at the reviews on it.
:gluck
Hi

Try the Cala Nova in Puerto Rico, i've stayed there many times and i knwo they've got some apartments that sleep 6 :O)

Good luck.

Karin
may be easier to get a small villa or house, try http://www.oasistraveldirect.com they are based in PR you can call them on (0034) 928 56 25 00 , english staff really helpful. :gluck
Hi,

when my kids were 14 - 16 years old we prefered the top part of Puerto Rico (still do). As the Europa centre, where all the bars / restaurants, amusements etc are, is close to all apartments and is smaller and far less rowdy than the main CC. It felt much safer to let them wander on their own and to keep checking back with us every now and then.

We last stayed at the RIOSOL which was really good, we've also stayed at BABALU and the EDEN apartments which were fine, though Riosol was best with fantastic views from the balconies, they also have two bedroomed apartments.

:D
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions - Puerto Rico is definetly the right resort and I love the look of some of the recommended apartments. However, I can't find accommodation big enough for the 6 of us, so I'm giving up and we're not going.

My family consists of one boy (14) and one girl (16) and ordinarily we'd have no problems finding accommodation. But this time they're bringing along a friend each and that's the problem. I can't find accommodation to fit us all and I won't compromise on letting them have their own place or allow them to travel a distance back to a villa on their own, so we're not going. I thought that if I start looking now for next year' I might get more choice, if not they're friends won't be able to come with us - a real shame, I don't like breaking a promise or disappointing them but what else can I do.

I wonder how large families manage!

Thanks
Mer
Have you thought of looking at the other Canary Islands? They all have similar weather in October and widening your search will give you a better chance of finding a 2-bed apartment. We stayed in Fuerteventura at Easter and booked a 2-bed apartment, which was overbooked when we arrived, so they gave us two seperate apartments with a connecting door in between, which was fantastic because we had two bathrooms, two kitchens, two TVs... :D I know there are also a few places in Tenerife with 2-bed apartments.
Good luck with your search!
Why don't you book a villa????
Hi, why don't you have a look at http://www.canaryforum.com sure someone could help you there, maybe Owen could. Green Golf in maspalomas have got 2 bed bungalows take a look at their site http://www.cordialcanarias.com think I have seen 2 bed apts on http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.