Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Most airlines have a service for people with special needs. I live in Germany and my parents visited me on a regular basis until well into their late 80's and the airlines were really good. When we booked the flights we requested the special needs option and when they got to check in someone came with a wheelchair for my father and took him to the departure lounge, then when it was time to board the plane he was wheeled on before everyone else.. A wheel chair was waiting when the plane arrived in Germany and someone accompanied him through baggage collection and customs out to the arrivals hall where I was able to meet him. They also have this service for young people travelling alone as my family have taken advantage of it over the years. The service used to be free but now I believe you have to pay for it. I know most of the major airlines offer this service, just check with the airline your mother is travelling with.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.