General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Mother's Day
8 Posts
I'll get my mam a card. I'll get diddly squat & end up cooking the dinner :sulk
My youngest son and his wife asked me weeks ago if I'd got anything planned, which I hadn't at that time. I always accept the first invitation I get, so they jumped in and asked me to tea, which gives plenty of time for the others to arrive in the morning with flowers and/or chocolates. :wink:
My son is taking me out for lunch, to be fair he does most years unless he cannot get time off from work.
I'm away for Mothers Day , but have already bought my mum a book that she wanted , I will send her a pic of the beach etc , so at least she knows I'm having a good time , that will cheer her up !!! I'm all heart aren't I ??
Will be paying for two short breaks for her just after my dads anniversary and before his ( birthday ) my brother will have her over for dinner which she will enjoy with her only grandson ( 19 mths old ) Dad always took us all out for dinner , to do that now would feel wrong somehow ??
I sent my Mum a card through Moonpig but that's it.... last year, she got a "Wanted" T-shirt with a photo of me and her on the front of it with a 50p reward offer if found :D

On 5th April though it will be my parents 56th wedding anniversary so I will be looking to see what special present I can get delivered to them back in UK. They've had some odd things over the 10yrs we've been living overseas from cast iron bird tables, solar powered garden lights, trees in a box and most recently Merecats on a swing... any ideas folks?
Meerkats on a swing !!!! I don't think you can beat that !!!! Simples
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.