Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Have a look at Alykanas on Zante. You fly direct to the island and there are some nice walks there, the beach is also close by. The Greek mainland is only a ferry ride away. I will pm you.

Les
Hi, I think Tsilivi in Zante would suit your family as there is a beautiful sandy beach and plenty of restaurants in the resort and no fish and chip shops though I do remember a Mcdonalds. There are plenty of bars and a few shops to browse around in the evenings. Another of my favorites was Tingaki in Kos again had a lovely sandy beach plenty of nice restuarants and a few bars but more low key. The great thing about here was you could catch a bus to the town which was only about 15 mins away and there is loads to see and do there. We have always gone away mid to late May and have always been lucky with the weather with temperatures ranging from 75c to 85c. Hope this helps
Iwould agree with redjoe we have been going to tingaki for 10 years now and it is ideal for a family.There are many family run tavernas and they all love children.The beach is lovely white sand and the water is clear and very inviting, the beach shelves very slowly so is ideal for children. We love Kos so much that we are returning in september to get married with 15 friends and family with us.
Hi Redjoe. Where did you stay in Tingaki? Thinking about Kos for Spring Bank week. Our son will be 13 in April so we are looking for accommodation suitable for him (ideally somewhere that will have kids of the same age). Went to the Alykanas Beach last year and it was great for kids of all ages. Only problem, in my opinion, complex was quite large by Greek standards and I prefer something smaller (family run).
Read loads of reviews for accommodation in Kos but a lot of them are from singles and couples. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Mollie. Just posted a message to Redjoe then noticed your message :) . Can you recommend any accommodation? Cheers.
Hi pargaluva we usually stay at the mythos appartments in the centre of the village, they are run by george and his mother helen and they are of a really good standard cleaned every day except sunday.There is a nice pool and pool bar with plenty of sun beds and also a taverna attached called vassilis which we think is one of the best in tingaki, hope this helps but let me know if you need any other info , oh and by the way it is only a five minute walk to the beach.
Lully1

You could look at Skala Kalloni on Lesvos. I've been to Lesvos a few times - definetly my favourite greek island. Food is inepensive and authentic and I seem to recall there were lots of tavernas at Skalla Kalloni. Also a few miles up the road is the main town of Kalloni (Lesvos has lots of inland towns, with a linked seaside town called Skala X..) which has lots of shops and a weekly farmers market. Skala Kalloni has a lovely gently shelving beach. Also late spring, early summer is great for bird watching in Lesvos- if thats your thing.

NB
Hi Mollie. Which tour op do you use please? Gx
Lovely sandy beach in Tsilivi, it wasnt when i was there it was one of the worst beaches i have seen.
Pargaluva we use thomas cook they are the only company that use these appartments
Hi Pargaluvva, We stayed at the Zante Maris which was a lovely hotel situated directly on the beach and close to all the amenities. They do bed and breakfast and halfboard when we stayed there in May the price was cheaper to book the half board which is what we done. I can't say what facilities there were at the hotel for teenagers as we were on our own but I think later on in the season there are organized activites. We booked with Eclipse direct which is the same as first choice but a little cheaper. Any further questions please ask.
hi there
we tried skiathos for the 1st time last year staying in kolios
lovely small,uncrowded beach even in august. There are a few nice restaurants,none of the burger and chip brigade!!!
you can take a short taxi or bus ride into skiathos town which has some wonderful shops and lovely bars/tavernas set all along the harbour ( great for just chilling and people watching )
direct flights,short transfers and we were very impressed with the standard of the airport for such a small island

cheers sara
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.