Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I can definitely recommend the Iberostar Creta Mare/ Panorama just outside Rethmynon - both as a really good quality AI, and also for their kids clubs.

Depending on their ages, your kids might also enjoy the authentic pirate ship trips that sail from the Old Port in Rethmynon too.

:D
Thanks very much. They will be 10 and 2 by the time we go. We really struggled with how ot entertain the older one last time, so this is great.
We are going to the Petra Mare in Ierapetra next August. It is right on the beach and has its own mini waterpark. There are also First Choice Kids Clubs, including the Wavelength club for older children (aged 9-15). My daughter had a fantastic time in the Wavelength club at another First Choice hotel earlier this year and made lots of friends.
We went to the Petra mare in june 07, with 8yr, 4yr and 2yr olds.
I would not recomend this hotel for older kids as my 8yr old did find it a little boring.
At nights there was nothing for any older ones to do, they just played football next to the entertainment bar trying to pass time.
My younger kid went to the creche most nights (extra charge) and loved it .
My 4yr old went to kids club but thought it was just ok.
the beach inst the best for kids and the local town has nothing for them to do .
I have checked prices for next year at this hotel and with an increase of nearly £800 on what I paid last time I will be giving it a big miss.
The hotel does not match the price you will have to pay for your holliday
In my opinion this is just an average 2 star hotel.
If you take into consideration the 2hr transfer from the airport, the price you will pay for the holliday the lack of things to do at night for the older kids, then i would advise you to spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.
Yes we did have a good holliday here but my kids needed more things to do.
Stayed in the Louis Creta Princess, Maleme, Western Crete - you fly into Chania. It's a typical 4* AI family hotel, we went with Eclipse.

This was July 2005, so you would need to read some up to date reviews. At the time it was a choice between this and the Petra Mare and the reviews were better for the Princess.

The good points were the excellent swimming pools and large sun terrace and the AI food. I was worried as I hadn't been AI before but it was good, hot and varied, 4 people for 2 weeks and nobody got tummy problems.

The negatives, it is isolated and you need to get the wally trolly to Platanais for a walk round tourist shops, bars or the hotel shuttle to Chania which is a great place. We hired a car for a week so this wasn't a problem for us. Also the rooms are small, you will see this consistently mentioned in reviews.

There was a hotel animation team doing pool volley, water aerobics, kids football and evening entertainment. Can't comment on kids clubs as my kids who were 12 and 10 at the time aren't in to them but they did run them.

Doe :D
Thanks everyone, will read some reviews. We are also considering the Vasia Beach in Sissi.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.