Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
A nice resort is Santa Eulalia,it is a place where there is a lot of Brits but Ive never come across a gobby or drunk one yet.There are a few British type bars not only a few and the rest of the resort is made up of resturaunts and cafe/bars.It is a pretty resort with an air of sophistication and the local council try to keep it that way.

Apart from this there are other quiet resorts but all will probably have some Brits.
Ok, thanks for that, I read Santa Eulalia is really over developed?!?! I heard Es Cana is quieter.

Ok so maybe the no Brits is a bit ambitious. What's the quietest resort in Ibiza?
Hi,maybe if you want a really quiet time it might be worth trying Cala san vincente in the north or maybe Cala taridaa few miles away from San AN,not exactly resorts (couple of bars and restaurants in each)but quiet not to many brits .
I guarantee that you'll find Santa E a far more desirable resort than Es Cana if you want to avoid the kind of Brits that I think you do.Es Cana is a small village but not quiet and is a little "Brits abroad" resort.
Shaved heads,tatoos,footy shirts ect ect

Calla LLonga might suit but you'll die of boredom after a few days.
You might want to try Puerto de San Miguel . At the end of a bay road hence no through traffic. A very good beach. A couple of biggish Hotels and the rest low level developed apartments plus a few cafes (not sure about Bars)

Like Calla LLonga after a few days (and nights!) it could get boring

The postings above about Santa Eulalia and Es Cana a quite corrct. Two completely different resorts - Santa Eulalia is vary much a residential town with tourism as becoming more prevelant. Es Cana is very much a "holiday" resort with all that goes with it - but not to the extent of San Antonio (Still my favourite though :D )
Santa Elliaha is a lovely resort, very quiet. Es Cana more blackpoolish. Portinax is great. If you want relaxiation then you need to look no further.
So for bigish resort thats still quite nice I should try Santa Eulalia, over Es Cana.

Atlernativaly if I want a bit of peace and quite to excape to I could try :

Cala san vincente Cala taridaa Calla LLonga Portinax , Santa Elliaha or Puerto de San Miguel !

Well i cant say I didnt get options! Thats given me some more info to work on!

Thanks again!
Hiya, im not sure if i will be of any help to you, but i have recently came back from working in Ibiza and I found Portinatx is the best place to go where is quiet and relaxing!

Portinatx is at the north end of the island 40 mins approx from airport! It has 3 beaches! (There is a fourth but it is a good hours walk - cala sara) It has only 2 bars and a hand full of shops!

portinantx is based for example in a cove its beautiful and has a superb setting for sunset!

I lived in portinatx and i went for a walk up to a little tower built on the cliff edge up to the left of portinantx and sat up there with my boyfriend and a bottle of wine! really romantic!!!

Not sure if any help but it is a place to be seen!
We have been to Cala San Vincente for the day (a couple of times) and it really is small and quiet even in high season. Santa Eulalia is more cosmopolitan with loads of Spanish and other nationalities as well as Brits.

Es Cana is a mix. It does have a few Watneys Red barrel type bars with non stop Sky footie but you can also find quieter back street places for a quiet 'carahinjo'.
We went to portinatx 2 years ago and really loved it.Lovely views over the beach.You could sit at one of the bars in the evening and watch the sun go down over the sea.

Nicole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.