Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
I stayed in the Hilton about 8 years ago with my mother. It's huge and modern and to be honest the standard rooms though OK, were rather reminiscent of a Travel Inn, though I assume they have other (more expensive) rooms too. I think it was a good walk from the main attractions, though public transport in Prague is good and cheap. There was a nice Moravian restaurant at the time, though this may have changed. I'd go for somewhere more traditional and central for a special stay.
Leon, the Hilton was one of the first big hotels built in Prague, and is situated away from the city centre, good 10 - 15 mins walk into the centre. Was based there for a short while when working in Prague a few years ago. Rooms at that time were defintely dated, but I do know they were due for rennovation.

I did move to the Rennaisance and found this better all around, nearer the town centre, newer facilities and totally nicer surroundings.

Another hotel that I would definitely reccommend is the Mercure Central, on the street below the Rennaisance. A very good 4 * hotel and reasonably priced if you can get hold of the right deal. http://www.octopustravel.co.uk are doing a great deal of £34 pp per night (including breakfast) which to my mind is defintely worth it in this hotel.

Sean
A girl in my office was there last year and she said it was the best hotel she has been in a long time and she is hoping to go back.

She proposed to her boyfriend there and on notifying the hotel they arranged for a limousene to pick them up from the airport and also arranged an engagement cake.

I looked in the internet at it and it looks lovely,she said it is a bit out but there is no problem getting into the thick of things.

I went to Prague a couple of years ago and loved it.
I am going to the Prague Hilton in October with 7 friends - only know what i have read on the internet.

I would apreciate it if you could post feedback on this hotel when you get back!

Cheers
I've been to Prague and actually visited this hotel because they had a bowling alley there!

It's a bit outside the city centre, but the hotel looks very impressing from the outside. However, when we arrived the bowling alley was closed. We visited at 11 AM.
The Hilton is ok but pricey. The atrium in the middle is certainly impressive. At the end of the day, its a Hilton. Prague, London, Sydney, other side of the moon, once you walk in through the door, you are unmistakenly inside a Hilton.

Certainly if you are not going til October and have booked your flights and hotel seperate rather than as a package there are a lot more hotels that are closer to the centre, as good if not better quality (ie, less of a corporate feel) and at a lot better price as well.

If you have booked it as a package, the Hiltons fine and you'll still enjoy yourself anyway !
For the same price and class, I would recommend either the Rennaissance or the marriott (same chain, right opposite each other, 200m from the Powder Gate and opera house)

Stayed in both in last 2 years, excellent location for all Prague old town, facilities, easy cheap access back to airport (no booking required as the minibus company [Cezak?] go direct from Namesti Republiky just near the powder gate).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.