Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Sanji
I just came on HT to see if you had posted, and was pleased to hear you are having a good time, and that the flight was ok.
We had the same problem when we arrived at Alicante, earlier this month, we had to wait for another flight.
Enjoy your holiday and best wishes for a Happy New Year and hope the celebrations there are as good as usual.
Sue
Glad your having a great time, and a very happy new year to you

Rosie x
Glad your having a good time,hope the weather stays good and have a good new year.
Say hello to the long suffering Dave :D

Garry & Mary
Hola from me too. It's lovely again today, sunny and 18 deg.

Had a great meal at the Two Palms last night then crossed to the Music Hall where Howard Kendal and his wife sat down with us and we had a great night with Chris on the piano and Barry singing. Highly recommended.

luci :wave
Glad to here you are having a good time Sanji, the Regente sounds good now its reopened and looking forward to your review of it when you return, just dont be tempted to put your skates on this time!!! :wink:

Luci, nice to here you are enjoying yourself too. If you go into the Music Hall again, say Hola to Chris and Barry from Paul and Evonne, and get Barry to do his Impression of a Trombone!!...Dont worry its legal!! :D Tell Chris I'm still waiting for his Ruddy Email!!..and that all being well with Dad we should be over in March!!....The food at the Two Palms is very good isnt it, we actually had a meal with Chris and Barry when we were there in May, I had the Lamb Kleftico which was a huge portion and superb!!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Glad you are having a good time Sanji and Luci. We flew back on the 23rd. Boo Hoo :(
but OH has to keep the other holidaymakers on Coach Tours for Twixmas and New Year happy. He left yesterday on a 3 day tour to York. Will be back Saturday night then off again on Sunday morning for New Year in sunny(?) Blackpool.
Sorry that you had long wait on coach, Sanji but that is why, for the past few years, we budget private transfers into the cost of our holiday.
The one bonus about flying back on the 23rd was that Alicante Airport wasn't that busy, there were only about 40 passengers on our flight. When we arrived at Glasgow (early) by the time we got to the luggage carousels our cases were there. It was a long walk from the plane to the arrivals hall though. We collected the car and were on the motorway by the time we should have been landing!
Hope you and everyone in Benidorm have lovely New Year celebrations and a good year in prospect when you get back.
Also Luci, hope you find the elusive Gate 11

Helen
Hi Sanji,

I'm glad to hear your having fun, I'm so looking forward to seeing some of your new videos on your return, I have to wait till May until I get my turn in the sun, my parents are currently in Benidorm for 6wks, they stopping in the Rosamar and don't fly home until the 21st of Jan, the lucky gits.

hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday

Dave
Hi Sanji and David, sounds like you are having a great time. Happy New year to you both.

Also hi to Luci, LizzieDripping and whoever else is in Beni at the moment reading this hope you are all having a great time too.

Sue :)
Thanks everyone and A Happy New Year to All.
A beautiful day here in benidorm, we have just been for a short stroll this morning to have a look at the fascia of Benidorm Palace which is under a face lift, then walked into the hotel Mediterraneo to have a nosey around ...with the camcorder of course :D

Did far too much walking yesterday and suffered last night through it, we walked from the hotel Regente into the old town and then onto Poniente side to have a look at the progress with the promenade construction....not a lot of progress has been made there.
We ended up near the cinema and the Police Station, looking for a bar/restaurant that my friend sings jazz in on certain nights a week....it took some finding, but we managed it eventually. :roll:
Dove park was closed as that is also under construction and is a mess at the moment with mounds of earth piled up .

The exchange rate has dropped even further today, 134€ is the best I've seen this morning, Jaysus I've never known it so low for yonks and yonks (years)

San Jaime church is also under a face lift with building works taking place outside.

The resort is busy and loads of coaches have been arriving full of the Spanish to get ready for the New Year.

After lunch I'm going to find a nice little suntrap and finish my book off.

Bye for now.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Went back to Two Palms last night and it was even better than the first time. Told Barry and Chris that you were asking after them Taggy and Chris remembered you and said he had an email from you yesterday.

Only a few hours till we leave and make the long journey home.

Happy New Year to all those in Benidorm and those that wish they were. :kiss
luci :wave
Hi Sanji

Happy New Year to you, glad your having a fab time and glad the Regente is up and running.
Enjoy the rest of your stay.

We haven`t been to Benidorm for a while now, it`s terrible we`ve got terrible withdrawl symptom. Look forward to your videos and update on the Regente.
Do you think Dove Park will be finished for the summer (it`s my favorite spot in Benidorm).Planning a summer visit and hoping to stay close to Dove Park.

Thanks Christine
Hiya Christine
Yes I'm sure Dove Park will be finished, it looks like they are redesigning it, although in all honesty, it just looks like a tip at the moment with piles of earth all over the place.
I'm sure there's a method in their madness somewhere. :wink:

Today has been another beautiful warm and sunny day...people were sunbathing on the beach in bikinis.
Being Sunday morning, the promenade was shoulder to shoulder with people, alot of them were the Spanish coming from mass and dressed up to the knockers ........and how anyone can say benidorm is quiet at Christmas/New year, is beyond me. :roll:
The Regente is quite busy and I would imagine there are not many rooms vacant, quite a few Spanish in here too....obviously for the new Year, which looks like being a good night.
The atmosphere in here, is something that you just can't buy. :wink:

Hoping to go to Guadalest in the morning and maybe Valencia later in the week.

Bye for now

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks for replying Sanji

I know what you mean about (how can anyone say It`s quiet at Christmas) I love Benidorm as much in the winter as as much in the summer, it has so many different sides to it. We decided not to visit at Christmas for a while as we haven`t got the money to do Christmas as well as summer (school) holidays and at the moment the summer ones are important to us. But I realy miss the decorations, the Nativaty sets around and most of all the coffee and brandys sat in the sun. I have been on the Valencia web cam each day, to see the beaches and have wished to be there. My son got a wii this Christmas, he`s 8 so I realy wanted him to have the day at home but I still wish we were there. Will have to talk him into something more portable next year as I don`t think chrismas is as real in the uk. Too many queues, too much money spent and nothing to do with the birth of Christ. At least the Spainish display the real reason.

Have a great new year, have a coffee and brandy on me tomorrow. I wil have one as well but mine won`t have the sun with it.

Enjoy
Christine

Ps Netto are selling Los Molinos wine tomorrow, going to buy a load then I might feel a bit Spainish.
Hola. Happy New year to you all. Having a lovely time, weather is brill at the mo. 8) 8)

Lizzie
Hiya Sanji
Glad your having a good time in the Regente.....
Benidorm would be my ideal choice for a crimbo/new year break but the kids wont let us go(17 and 20).....whos gonna cook our dinner if you and dad go away.....duh !!!.
Anyway sounds like your having a good time of it....enjoy your New Year celebrations :glynis :glynis
hello everyone happy new year wish i was in benidorm if you go onto the web cam on levante beach you will see the fireworks our time 11 pm i watched those last year we got to wait till june before we there glad you enjoying yourself sanji looking forward to your reviews when you get back hope everyone who in beni enjoying it anyone staying at hotel orange

all the best for 2008 :glynis
Hola.
if you go onto the web cam on levante beach you will see the fireworks our time 11 pm

I didn't manage to see the fireworks last night, but I certainly heard them.....it was like Beirut here. :D I'll have to make sure I see the Three Kings fireworks.
We all went outside the hotel Regente at midnight (Spanish time) and let off hundreds of balloons which we all had attached/tied a message on each balloon string, with a personal wish...as well as doing the cava and grapes.
Then we celebrated the British New Year an hour later. :lol:

We went to Guadalest yesterday and got back into benidorm around 3 pm, it was a perfect day to go to the top of the tower and video the Costa Blanca in all her glory.

Kevin Shute arrived at the hotel and we shared the same table for the gala evening meal, but he and his wife had to rush off to get in the white horse pub before 10pm, even with the tickets that I had got him.

Today has been a quiet day for us, the majority of the shops were closed and we had a short stroll on the promenade to clear Dave's head and blow a few cobwebs away, but although the sun was shining, there was a gusty wind blowing that made it feel cold out of the sun and there's no wonder the locals have christened the Rincon end pneumonia corner, (where you leave the promenade around Burger King) because it blew you up the street today........tonight the wind has dropped, thank goodness.
Spent most of this afternoon reading or asleep in bed. :lol:

We have no plans for tomorrow at the moment, but that could change on impulse at any given moment, we never get bored here and the days are flying by too quickly, this time next week I'll be landing back at East Midlands Airport...booooooo :(
Happy New Year :kiss

Bye for now

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sanji, have you heard about the 32yr old women who fell from the 14th floor of the flamingo hotel, I think it happened yesterday as I only read about it on teletext this morning.
scarborosmoggy wrote:
Sanji, have you heard about the 32yr old women who fell from the 14th floor of the flamingo hotel, I think it happened yesterday as I only read about it on teletext this morning.

:shock: :yikes

How Awful thats way high up, whats her condition i wonder?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.