General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Don't know if you can cancel but a couple of years ago I was staying at Las Torres and JMC sent us a letter prior to the holiday saying that although it would have a minimal effect on our holiday they would move us to similar standard apartments if we wanted (although they told us it could incur a charge) due to the building work. We decided to keep to the holiday and not move to another apartment as I had heard good reviews about the place.

Sorry couldn't be of further help, sure somebody else will be..........
Have you booked through a travel agent ? If so, you need to get them to speak to the customer relations department where the letter has been sent from, and tell them you are not happy that you have building work taking place.

Depending on the extent of the building work, they should let you cancel with a refund or at least change to alternative accommodation.

Have a read of the Holiday Advice centre, there is lots of information there: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=47

Let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance, we will direct you as to what you can do next.

HTH

Kath HT Admin
i think kath has covered most of the info, but you should be able to ammend your holiday with out a charge if the building work falls into into a high scale of work, normally you can cancel with full refund
Hi Denzy,

Just back from a great week in Benidorm, don't cancel - it's too good to miss.

About your problem tho, last year our travel agent pulled the same stunt 2 weeks before we were due to go. Luckily one of our crowd had been in the previous Dec. and said the work was hardly noticeable. However I wasn't going to let them off with the short notification time and managed to get £25.00 compensation each from them. Since there were 10 of us it was a nice start to our 'kitty' of £250.00!

My advice would be, try and find out on the forum how bad the work that is going on will affect your holiday, and def. make sure you get some compo from them for it.

Cheers,
Jinty

:gluck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.