Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Wow - that is weird!! Am glad he got sorted. Also I presume you were made aware that the tour operator would have also have had to given them compensation as they weren't informed 56 days before departure.

Glad to be of assistance and thanks for letting us know.
Score one for this site then.

Well done Edhall (and workmate).

Aren't Airtours just stars. Some other poor traveller will now be cancelled instead - or am I TOO cynical :lol:

Overbooking is specifically one of the reasons a T.O. CANNOT cancel a holiday. Underbooking CAN be used as an excuse to cancel though.
Mike wrote :-
Aren't Airtours just stars. Some other poor traveller will now be cancelled instead - or am I TOO cynical
No,Mike,you're probably about the same age as me !! :)
The sad fact is that he who makes least fuss gets dropped on from the greatest height.
One day the time will come when everyone booked on an Airtours flight will happen to be a H.T. member * and Ros can really get stuck in !! :D
*...and the way membership is growing,that's not going to be too far into the future !!
No,Mike,you're probably about the same age as me !!

49, but going on 38 :lol:

I'm tempted to always have a few dozen cards in my carry-on bags with h.t. site address and Ros's phone number when I fly. I remember in summer 2005 when 7 of us were delayed at Manchester enroute to Sanford, Florida.....for 14 hours. There was one chap (a fellow traveller) who really appeared to know the rules and regs and was most helpful at the airport. However, he only seemed to be referring to EC261/2004 regs (relate mainly to how the airline should treat you during a lengthy delay). Knowledge I gained upon return re. the 1992 Travel Tour Regs. really helped (but mainly Ros if I'm honest) to recover some realistic compensation.

That episode sparked my interest in this whole subject and I fully agree with your view Sagres; the Tour Operators and shady airlines need to be far more careful now as a result of this great site.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.