General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Holiday music
19 Posts
i have a cd that a restaurant owner did for me of greek music so i put that on and it really gets me in the mood
It would probably be songs I don't normally listen to but remind me of a previous holiday I really enjoyed.

One example would be Billy Idol - Hot in the City. Never particularly liked Billy Idol but this song always takes me right back to a bar in Amsterdam 1992, 3rd stop on our interrail trip.

And I have a CD of Arabic music, which reminds me of numerous holidays in Tunisia. Particularly the track Sidi Mansoura (can't remember who it's by), as this was the 'hotel song' for the hotel I stayed at for my first 2 trips there.
Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night and Rumours remind me of Turkey back in '89
I'm liking these replies! Some of these are my faves :D
Robbie Williams - Mack the knife is also another one for me!

CourtneeLouisex
Dancing Queen by ABBA....takes me back to my first ever holiday abroad.....Benidorm 1976 :sun
I think it depends where I am going, when I went to Jamaica last year, in the months leading up to it, Bob Marley tracked were being played constantly - and I might be prone to singing 'we're all going on a summer holiday' at the drop of a hat too :rofl
Im such a big kid I like all the reps songs you get on their CD.

Sunshine for me Sunshine for you by C-Company :D
OK folks, something new to share around.
Holiday Music.................
Every time I go somewhere there's just that one bit of music that brings it all back.
But sometimes frustrating, it's foreign, you cannot find it again when you get home.
This French one I heard in 2008 in Egypt, and didn't manage to find again till 3 years later!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fbx6pyYsX8

Anyone else found special/unusual tracks on holiday?
Sadly the you tube site doesn't seem to link here.
My track was "Et si tu n'existe pas"
Which actually has a rather nice translation via google
I started a thread off about 2 years ago exactly the same as this. As soon as you hear the music your thinking about it! My daughter is half greek so she's constantly listening to Greek music anyway but certain songs you just think "Mmmm holiday!" For EG. Bill withers - Lovely day, The real thing - you to me are everything.. soooo many songs I could name!

CourtneeLouise x
I have merged both topics for you.

2 years ago ?? This year must really be dragging in for you CourtneeLouise, you need a holiday ! :wink
David :wave
David :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I could of swore I did this about 2 years ago! :duh I definately need a holiday!
CourtneeLouise x
I'm the opposite. I go looking for stuff that I remember being posted just a few months ago, only to discover that it was several years ago. :think

David :wave
I have a cd that reminds me of my holiday in Corfu- I heard it played around the swimming pool and kept asking for it all the time. It was 'Sailing to Philadelphia' by Mark Knoffler (sp?). I downloaded a copy of it when I got home.

Any sort of reggae reminds me of our Dom Rep hols and Kid Rock's 'All Summer long' reminds me of our last holiday in Crete :)
Madonna-Holiday
10cc-Dreadlock Holiday
Typically Tropical-We're going to Barbados
Boney M-It's a Holi-Holiday.
my holiday tune at the mo is mr saxobeat huge on the all the holiday destinations at the mo, and the usual spanish stuff gypsy kings, etc..
Oh a fave of mine and has reminded me of my holidays since bein young is walking on sunshine not the katrina and the waves one the rockers revenge one..its amazing and a classic holiday song.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.