Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Berties Honey

So sorry to hear of your troubles,appears to be more and more these days.There are a number of things you can do. Firstly contact Abta on Monday & find out if the booking company was bonded with them. If so let Abta advise further.
If not then,I presume, you paid by credit card and as the sum is over £100 then contact your card issuer to get some money back that way.
You could also maybe over the weekend try contacting MedHotels and Thomsonfly to try to ascertain the state of play with your respective bookings ie has any money been paid over to them.Probably not though.
Best of luck and keep us updated with how you get on..
So sorry to hear this berties honey

When are you due to go on holiday :?: Big assumption that you paid by credit card by Paully, I wish you all the luck. I hope you have paid by cc so you can get something back though.

I hope you get things sorted out rapid.

best of luck

kind regards

kazee
paid by debit card could that be a problem my bank account has free holiday insurance on it but dont know if payment is covered have been told the companys involved may get in touch ie med hotels and thomsons but i dont know if this firm has paid them already
Sorry Berties it was a big assumption on my part. If you have paid by debit card then sadly you have no protection that way.
The only thing you can do now,realistically,is contact Abta to morrow and see what information they can give.
Feel truely sorry for you,terrible situation.Please keep us informed.
You'll need to find out if the agent has paid medhotels and thomson for the booking. Depends if they will still honour the booking if another agent takes it on or whether they will take the booking direct - check what price they will give you however first.
You do not say the name of the company you booked with.

It is possible that other members have also booked with this company but do not yet know.

May I ask that you post the name of the company please.

fwh
we are due to fly to sham 14 sept the company involved is internet holidays .com or oakley travel i hav been in touch with abta they told me there is a client fund which if they take from it is illegal so the holiday companys can get there money checking tomorrow to see ifmoney still in fund or companys hav it will keep u informed
A brief report on this from today's Travelmole:

North East agency folds

County Durham ABTA travel agency member Oakley Travel has ceased trading.

The company, which employed five outside sales representatives, was based in Peterlee and ran online business internetholidays.com.

ABTA said the company was unable to meet its future liabilities and administrators had been appointed to protect creditors but were unable to deal with customer bookings.

Any claims that arise will be dealt with by the ABTA claims department on 020 7637 2444.

With permission from Travelmole
When did this happen.... My boyfriends mother booked a holiday for 4 adults last week and has been waiting for her confirmation but hasnt been able to get through to them since. What will happen to her holiday now?

EDIT: Transferred from separate topic
David HT Mod
Hi,
My boyfriends mum booked a holiday for 4 adults to croatia last thursday, she has just contacted abta and then thomson and the holiday is secure. They dont seem to have passed on addresses, so my advice would to be contact them abta and they'll put you through to the right people.

Sam xx
hi all
we booked with oakley travel for 21st june for 2 weeks they used med hotels and freedom flights i have contacted them both and they have said our holiday is paid in full but oakley did not forward the hotel vouchers and transfer voucher which med hotels have done via e-mail for me.i was trying to get in touch with them as well for at least 5 days with no answer so went to the office in peterlee to be told they had gone bust.try to phone hotel and airline to see if your booking is still valid

hope it works out fine for everyone
been informed today another company has taken over the bookings but will posssibly take a couple of weeks to get sorted. thomson need proof of my payments ie deposit and extra payments and they will get money from the companys cliet fund they have told me not to worry my holiday is safe
Fantastic news Berties honey

Have a good time
kazee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.