Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi there folks,
Just a couple of things I would like to know.
We are going at the end of July and are looking forward to it.
2 Adults, a 7 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy.

Do they still insist on long trousers for dinner and is this for every meal ?

We have booked 6 creche sessions, should we book more now?

Do they have evening creches?

Do they run excursions to Fuengirola Zoo?

Is the kids club a 1st come 1st served deal?
just got back from hv best time of our life honest greet place when reding these messages dont panic it was greet ok people are right about the pool with cut feet and the food was cool some times just check with your finger when you sat down if in dout leave it go and get something different. the bar there was cues but hey i still got drunk lol many a time was that drunk one night even paid for more in the irish bar must have been drunk or mad. weather was greet pool was nice there`s a doctor on site most times in the day he speaks good english nice chap he says hello and where your insurance cover note lol we were licky never fell ill kids loved it. on a diet now tho any questioned just ask got pick will down load them soon
Mark, glad to hear you had a good time. Couple of q's if I may.
1. Were there seperate queues for AI and SC at the bar?
2. Has anybody said anything about the pool temperature and the sharp tiles?
3. Can you get a half-decent Gin & Tonic on AI?

Cheers

Andy
Didn't have a problem in the Beach club pools - but my daughter collected 93 tiles (small mosaic type) off the bottom of the indoor pool in one session.
HEY TMAN.....how excited are we??? I am desperate to start packing!

Hope this bug has disappered as cannot face the kids being ill again they really deserve this holiday and have both had the chicken pox now,Though i reckon youngest will be still quite scarred as had the virus quite bad...please note though she not contagious!! no need to clear the toddler pool when we get in (he he) Anyone got anymore update on the bug??

I have had emailed confirmation from the bar manager at HV that Cider is definately not all the all inclusive.

How many of us going 25/26 june now on here?

pps Totally eyeing-up the holiady village in Majorca now for next year as the reviews are great and the pictures look good. Anyone been to them both?
Does anyone have an e mail address for the HV?
Hi Quirkeygirl.

We are all so excited not had a holiday abroad for 2 years so we have worked hard and saved hard to go this year. And like you we also hope the bug clears up as would not want to have anything spoil this for us.Glad your little one's are over the worst must have been a worry for you.There does seem to be some confusion as to what exactly is on offer for AI (drink wise)so I suppose we will have to wait until we actually get there to find out what the score is but whatever is on offer you can be sure we will make the most of. I hope our tickets drop through the letter box sometime this week ??.

Tony
just booked for July 2006 lets hope the pool is fixed by then lol
Hi
I know of two e-mail addresses that you should get some joy with.
info@sirenishotels.com
and
info@holidayworld.es
Regards
Andy :)
We go on the 25th June from manchester and the tickets came in the post yesterday so starting to get excited. Everything sounds goog so far but i am a little concerned about the pool and all the reports of cut feet. Will have to buy the kids some suitable footwear for the pool. The weather is starting to look good here so i might have gone a few shades darker than white by the time i get there.
At the HV still, weather is hot, pools are lovely, there is plenty to drink and eat on AI, although you do have to pay for the national brands. If you dont have swim shoes for the kids then if they cut there feet, there have been some wearing socks in the pool. My apartment door was left open a 2nd time yesterday by the maids whilst we were out for the day! There are some very red people about as the sun is very intense, and although the hotel is fab my heart goes out to the locals who live very close by, they have lost the lovely sea views and peace and quiet. we have 2 days left and are off to the aqua park tommorrow. karen
Davew . you got your tickets allready!!?? :yikes we go on the 26th ..from manchester.. no sign of my tickets yet!! just going to go a phone about them..lol only jokin... but then again..????..lol
did any one answer the 'trousers' for eveining meals question??
macc
Hi - Long trousers are only necessary for the evening meal and we did see people in three quarter trousers and even one or two in shorts at night - don't think anything was said. Very keen on children wearing shoes in there during the day for health & safety issues. One tot (about 3) had lost his mummy and wanted to look in the restaurant but cos he was barefoot he was stopped - one of the reps tried to explain but in the end he had to carry the tot in.
ok i,v been sat out in the back garden in the sun.. :sun we do get the sun in scotland you know,,, you just have to pre book it ..!! anyway,, been thinkin up some questions, now that i.v got almost only 2 weeks to go... 1. who else is going on the 26th from manchester 14;50 flight? 2. which terminal do first choice fly out of? 3. what time does evening meals finish in the dinning rooms? 4. do the transfers go straight to hv? 5...er...er. oh yea,, what films are they showing on the plane at the moment??
ta......
macc
The evening meal is between 6.30 and 9.30. They are very keen on closing on time - things start to be cleared away bang on time, not just in the evening - every meal. Flew from East Mids - didn't have a film too short a flight! And yes the transfer goes direct to HV.
I am really concerned about the state of the pool, I am going in to First Choice at the weekend to pick up tickets my family and I go on the 19th, so I am going to raise the issue of the state of the pool, the peak season is coming up and can't believe that they haven't sorted the situation out. :?
thankx suejoy...... thats some of the queston's answered.
macc

:D
macc006 I fly from Manchester the day before you and we are going from Terminal 2. I have just booked 12 creshe sessions for the youngest and swim kids for the eldest so should get a few hours peace during the day and the chance for a few crafty beers!
pool wow that was cold but not as cold as the beach club as the beach club was deeper water

gin n tonic whats that lol

alinclusive people cued but those who were self catering seemed to push in did anyone else notice this was cuing once or twice so the same women push in straight to the front of the cue i pulled her up said hey im next she said i have to pay i said so what iv already paid now cue like the resy of us lol funny never so her again lol wonder why lol
but hey had a greet time just take a first aid kit with plaster for the kids and the dads when they cut there feet in the pool
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.