Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi,
Nearly time!!! this time tomorrow we will just about be there! :D So excited.. Just a couple of questions if anyone is around. probably a silly question, Do they have lots of coat hangers for clothes? and do they have an iron? dont plan on doing any ironing but you never know..
Hope the weather is good..
take care..
Fay
Faylck

Am sure you are very excited at this stage am sure you will have a fantastic time.
The rooms have ample wardrobe space with plenty of hangers.
There are no irons in the room however there is a laundry room (level minus 2) which has washing machines dryers and at least 2 ironing boards and irons.
Any othere questions just ask.

Carol
The irons are free to use but make sure you get some tokens from reception for the washer and drier. I loaded it up expecting it to takes Euro's only to realise it was tokens...
Thanks for all your advice, I really should go pack now if i want to be ready, its not as bad as it sounds, its all washed ironed and in piles just needs putting into cases, I'm so excited, more so than the kids and that takes some beating..
For anyone else leaving in the next 2 weeks have a good one..
For everyone statying at home I will order you some hot weather..
Take care all and thanks for everything.. will write on my return..
Fay
Just got back from HV, had a brilliant 2 weeks there.

Weather was nice and hot (about 32 degrees most days) - only had 2 days rain.

Anyone need to know anything, just ask and I will try and answer.
argyll231

If you havnt already done so dont forget to add your review.

Carol
Hola Argyll

Glad you have had a good time (details details)

Is cider on the all inc???(i have asked this so many times i will proberbly be shot by fellow holidaymakers if i am seen drinking anything else :wink: )

Are there enough places in the kids clubs?

Whats the new toddler park like at the beach club?

what are the daytime activities like for adults?

And does me bum look big in this bikini? :D
Think someone who returned this week confirmed Cider is NOT on AI and quoted a price.

Daytime activites for adults? Sunbathing, Swimming, Sleeping, Drinking, Footy, Driving range, Crazy golf, Tennis, er..
The kids club has a maximum of 45 places, and they take bookings the day before. You can turn up on the day and take your chance though - there may be places left.

It was really busy during last week (half term) and some of the clubs were full, but not all of them, we managed to get in every night time no problem.

The only drinks included is the local beer (lager) and local spirits / wine etc.

If anyone is going self catering, you can upgrade to either half board or all inclusive at reception. AI was about 30 euros per adult, per day.

There are some activities daily for adults, quiz, water polo, 5 a side etc.

The main pool takes the skin off the bottom of your toes, I think it is the grout between the tiles is a bit rough - get the kids swimming shoes and save some heartache.

The beach club is all complete now and has lots of different areas for the kids and adults to play! The water is freezing though. The drinks are AI, not sure about snacks though as I didn't get any.

The hotel is spotless, and well kept.

Only one gripe was that there was no soap in the dispensers in the toilets and a bug was going round the hotel. We complained to the reps and that seems to have sorted it though.

Top Tip - pick your food from the back of the tray in the buffet, as a lot of the kids pick stuff up and put it back down!!
anyone got any piccies ?????? :D
Will post some pics probably tomorrow.
The bug is still here, several kids are ill, but nothing out of the ordinary, lasts about 12 hours. I have complained several times about soap and it has now been filled with watered down soap. Lots of cut feet from the pool, and the sun is very strong, lots of red kids and adults about. We went on a trip yesterday and came back to our room OPEN.??????????? :shock: It appears the man who fills the fridge up left it open!!!!!!!!!wonderful weather, good hotel, but sunbeds with umbrellas seem hard to find after 8.30 am. they are not hiring any out this year. Better go and enjoy my hols now. Hi Carol if you read this! karen
Hi - Got back from HV on Fri 3rd. - must admit knew nothing about a bug until Thurs - we certainly had no trouble although did notice some foodstuffs wern't as hot as they should be. Really enjoyed the holiday, especially the Beach Club - only gripe is the service in the Piano bar - it was horrendous. My 14yr old daughter waited nearly half an hour one night for a 'slush' in the end hubby had to go and get it for her. (And why are the 'slush' drinks not AI?) Children tended to be ignored in the evenings at the Piano Bar. Service in the Malaka is much better - they have a proper queue!
Hope anyone about to go has a great time - and make the most of the free excursions!
Free excursions?????

ooooooohhhh tell me more

PS glad you had a good time
There are several available. They go to places where you have the opportunity to buy something! i.e. a Diamond Factory, Pearl works, Blanket factory etc. but then they go on elsewhere - one is a tour of the area, we went to Mijas, one goes to the San Miguel works - with free tastings & a buffet. They are all half day trips and booked through the reps. We had a bit of trouble with our first booking - we were told to be at reception at 1.30p.m. to leave at 1.40. By 2.00 no coach had arrived so we had a word with the rep who assured us the coach must be delayed and to wait another 10 mins then she would ring up. 10 mins later she checked the booking sheet and told us we hadn't booked it we must have just enquired! We had a card from the original rep with the details on which we showed later when we rebooked. So be careful check they fill in the form correctly. We spent about 1hr in the Diamond factory - short video very short look at the works and then plenty of time to look at the finished products and try them on - no pressure to buy but a couple did on our trip. We then had 1 1/2 hrs free time in Mijas - which is well worth a visit. Whilst in Benalmadena other operators were handing out leaflets for free 1/2 day trips to Gibraltar as well.
My husband, myself and 2 daughters are going to the HV 5 weeks today. We are all looking forward to it immensly and have been keeping an eye on this forum, we are delighted when someone gives really good feedback. We are keen to hear as much as possible about the HV, even not so good feedback, and all advice and tips are welcome.
My husband, myself and two daughters (10,13) are of to the HV on 2nd july and really looking forward to it.
Was disappointed to hear the umberellas are not on a token system as before; this was one thing we thought was really good. Is there any shady areas to retreat to if you want to get out of the sun and don't have an umbrella?
Can anyone tell me how much they charge for the extra children's activities?
Thanks for the tip about taking food from the back of the buffet; wouldn't have thought of that one.
We didn't spend all day round the pool - went mainly to Beach club at various times and always managed to find a spot with an umbrella for my hubby who needed to be in the shade. Our kids spent most mornings round the main pool and again always found beds with a brolly. Being Bank Holiday week it was quite busy. I'm sure you should have no problem.
Just for the info of people with Kids who are worried about their feet getting cut on the pool tiles. Lidl's are doing Kids Bathing Sandals at £1.99 a pair. :idea:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.