All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
We have booked for May, and am so looking forward to it! Try this link: http://www.hotelsviva.com/hotel.php?lng=uk&hotel=5&zona=1
Thanks for that. it does look nice. going august so would love to know what you thought of it when going in may. i know it seems ages but gives you something to look forward to eh?
i will be adding my review when i get back! 18 weeks, and counting!!
How many weeks to go now????????????

Just wondering if any more info on this resort. Picked up a recent brochure on just the holiday villlages from First Choice. Looks GGGreat!!!
We're going to the Viva Village in Can Picafort in August too. We booked in Sept last year as we wanted to get good flights.

We have 2 boys aged 2 & 5. Hoping for a good holiday, first time we've been with both of them.

Looking forward to everyones reviews over the coming months. :D
I am going to this hotel in August also. Really would like some feedback from anyone that's already been. There must be someone out there that's already visited..... come on give us the feedback....
Nobody can give us reviews yet as this is the first year it will have been open and the season starts this week.
:roll:
It's not a brand new complex, just new for First Choice this year, so shouldn't be any worries about building works etc like the Holiday Village Costa Del Sol last year, thankfully!
So that is 3 of us whom are going in August!!

Never done an all inclusive, but went to Lagotel Hotel in Alcudia last Aug, for 2 weeks half board, and am paying less for all inclusive this year for the 2 weeks!!

Sun, sun, sun- I hope! :lol: :lol:
I'm not going ALL IN but it didn't list a lot of restrictions for me. So looking forward to the hol. Hopefully we will get some reviews over the next couple of months,,,, fingers crossed.
Going to AI end of july for 2wks, with hubbie and 4 yr old son. HAvent been abroad yet since having son, so all tips and reviews of this mystery place would be appreciated. Thanks.
We would welcome reviews from any returning holidaymakers on the following page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/can-picafort/holiday-village-viva-hotel/

Many thanks
David :wave
hi :)
i have just come back from viva can picafort and it was lovely. the accommadation is first class. i have never stayed in a cleaner place. the food is very nice and a good selection ( not the same thing every night) my only one complaint is the entertainment at night but i think it will get better as the summer goes on. would go back for sure
Glad you had a good time and found the accomodation to a high standard. Was the accomodation situated in a great location ?
What was the transfer time from the airport ??

Thanks.
There is a large thread on the Majorca forum & also on the holiday review board. Lots of people are saying how great their holidays have been (with a few teething problems of course).

Can't wait to go now. Only 10 weeks on Tuesday!!! Must be getting closer, have to pay for it soon!
hi :D

the location of viva was good. can picafort is a nice place with a lovely beach which you can walk to in about ten minutes and plenty of shops. one thing i would say to anybody with young children who are planning on booking a buggy from first choice, do it as soon as you get there as they are like hot cakes. we walked our three year old to the beach one day but she was too tired to walk back to the hotel in the heat and when we tried to get a buggy the next day there was no chance. we were able to get one from the hotel itself for 3 euro for the day but we were just lucky to get one that was usable the rest were only fit for the bin.also if you are planning on going to alcudia on the bus it is like sitting in a sweat box (thats if you get a seat) and seems very long.
We chose the holiday village for our honeymoon in May/ June 2005 as we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter.

We went all inclusive for the first time ever

The holiday village far exceeded my expectations when I chose it (I didnt tell the wife until after we were married)

The cleanest apartments we have ever stayed in, and our daughter was well catered for

large childrens pool which was the same depth all over, there is also a higher deeper pool which flows into the lower one, an indoor pool, splash park, slide, variety of food every night

we didnt try any of the excursions as we felt none of them would suit our daughter

there was also a creche but we didnt use it and for older children there appeared to different activities all the time throughout the day

15 mins walk downhill to the beach which is very pleasant and wasnt packed out when we went and the sea was suprisingly warm and not the usual cold shock and then get used to it

every night the disco before bingo which our daughter also enjoyed and there is also a sports bar

I would reiterate previous points regarding the resident duo, but I wouldnt let that put you off a great holiday destination for families

We shall certainly be going back
Excellent is all I can say.

Apartments - very very clean

Food - Good and varied chioce everyday

Pools - Excellent no problems whatsoever

Reps - Superb (esp Spikey Mike and Dj Dee) all work very hard

Entertainment - we enjoyed it very much they have a mini disco for the little uns followed by big cash bingo (up to 500 euros some nights) and then a cabaret act..Fogwell Flax was very good.

Sunbeds - All english resort but with german traits ie you will have to get up at 7.30 to put a towel on your sunbed ..you will have to stay with your sunbeds till 9am otherwise your towells will be removed and taken to reception. we tended to get up about 10 and just lay our towels out on the grass which was just as good if not better.

Bars - Very well run

Kids Clubs - I cant see what the fuss is about. All you have to do is queue for about 20 mins the night before to book your kids on a session for the following day. Believe me there is plenty for all the kids of all ages to do.

Plenty for the adults too during the day ie Killer Darts , Killer Pool, Crazy Golf competitions, Water Polo etc etc all worth having a go . If you win you get a certificate which you collect on stage in the evening.

Location - Excellent only a short walk to town with nice resteraunts and bars. No Club 18-30 rowdiness or Time Share people anywhere.

Trips . Definately go to The Pirate shows but dont bother with the Caves of Ham a complete waste of time !

All in all we cannot fault the place one bit and will definately book again for next year.
We have loads of reviews of this complex HERE Please add yours if you haven't done so.

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.