Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
In same boat as Ready to Go, going for a week on 26th May, What is the weather going to be like do i need my shorty diving suit to go swiming in the outside pools, any advice would be great, also trips etc.
Hi Dazznuts,
have you been to any other holiday villages before.
Ready-to-go,

I've been to the Turkey HV twice in 2006 and 2007 and had a brill time could not fault it in any way, went to the dreaded Royal park Bulgaria last year a different story - didn't have a good time but made the most of it though.
I have read through various forum's and most say the Viva is one of the better H/V, haven't seen many bad comments.
Are you going AI or S/C, i'm going AI got a good deal and free child place, S/C price was about £400 cheaper but with two kids 10 and 7, the younger ones drinks a lot and with the condition of the Euro i thought AI would be best.
15 weeks tuesday to go (26/05/09)
Hi Dazznutts!

We are going A.I for 11 nights, not sure if we had a good deal or not?

I have read alot of bad reviews about the resort, hopefuly someone will be able to fill us in more.

Enjoy your holiday....I will be back before you go, so can let you know all about it!
Ready-To-Go,
I have read a lot of report's, the only thing that is talked about in most reports is the walk to the beach, there was a lot of bad report's with the Turkey HV we were worried about it but had a great time.
I think with all holidays if you want to pick out faults you can - some people just go on holiday to pick faults, i don't usualy go out of my way to pick out faults i just want to relax/gel and have a good time, these HV are geared towards family entertainment most people say like butlins, on one hand do many people make complain about butlins- No!, so why complain about these if the kids are enjoying themselves then us as adults will, being able to get away from our lovely kiddies sending to the kids clubs and having a few hours a day not having to worry about the kids is heaven, hope you enjoy yourself i know i will
I agree Dazznutt....if the kids are happy then we are too!! :)

People are always quick to moan, but not so forth coming with the compliments.

I'm still hoping we will get feed back from recent holiday makers and maybe photos
Ready - To - Go

Will be interesting what people will say.
Hi guys, i have been to HVV twice both times in August , on both occasions the pool was quite cool some days even in august. On the plus side the rooms at this hotel are very spacious and clean, the kids club was fab and the staff were very pleasant. would not bother going SC here as it is really set up for AI and most things on sale were very expensive. Hope this helps you a little hope you have a great time xxxx :cheers
Dinner-Lady,

did you go on any trips if so what ones what did first choice charge etc.
Pirates is a must well worth the money, sorry cant remember the price also went to water park at Alcudia, a bit naff but did not fancy the hours drive to the better one down south. I heard people say it was a good day out but i get travel sick so i was not interested. Another day trip that everyone said was bad was the shopping/market excursion, everyone said that the market down the road was as good. Hope you enjoy your trip x :sun2
Hi all,
We (family of four) went to hvv in may 2007 for 2weeks. We thought it was great and were lucky enough to have 2 weeks of great weather. Yes outdoor swimming pools were cold, but whole family still went in, including youngest daughter who was 2 at the time. We tended to make use of the indoor pool in the afternoons to get children out of sun!
We enjoyed it, and have booked to return in june this year and are looking forward to seeing the new kids pool.
Happy to help with questions if i can. :D
Is it to far to walk in to Alculdia?
I know you can get a taxi and bus, but just wondered if there was a prom that you could walk along?
It is quite a trek to Alcudia, I did not see a promenade that went all the way, and on the bus it took a good 15 minutes. Definitely worth a visit for the shopping :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.