Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi fitzy and welcome to the Portugal forum.
Whilst I haven't stayed at the Perola,I can tell you that it is well situated around midway between the Strip and the Old town (on second thoughts, a bit closer to the Old town than the strip.)Modelo supermarket is close by, as is a taxi rank and the tourist train stop, so getting about shouldn't be a problem.You'll be a fifteen minute, downhill walk to the beach in the Old town - fisherman's beach - and the return, uphill, trip will take you very close to Floyd's bar, run by Algarveaddick from this forum, an excellent pit stop on the way back.
Hope this helps to set the scene a little for you.
Thanks for the welcome Sagres :)
Yes, that helps a bit, cheers.
Why I`m a bit dubious is because for the last 6 years we`ve been in 4-5* hotels in Bulgaria and Egypt but we seem to be getting priced out on those by so called inflation, so we thought we`d drop down a lot to keep within our budget.
Ah well its no good worrying now, I`ve booked it :)
I'm sure you'll love the Algarve and like everyone else, you'll soon be hooked on it :lol:
Just like me and old Sagres here, we both went (not together......before you put your tuppence worth in, Sagres :yikes ) once upon a time and still returning more than 20 years later!!!!
Pat
:glynis
.......... :tut not so much of the 'old', thankyou very much - I'll have you know that I was still in infants school 20 years ago !!! :rofl :rofl
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........and then you woke up :lol:
Pat
:rofl :glynis :rofl
:offtop You two at it again :lol: your just like an old married couple :yikes

Fitzy welcome as Sarges has said and i think you will like portugal it seems a great place [except for a few of the brits they get there -no names mentiond] :rofl

wizard
Sarges

Brian, you're having trouble with your ' R's ' again !! :oops: :oops:

:lol:
:rofl :rofl

I hope that it's not Glynis that Wiz is refering to......she'll be most upset :lol:
Pat
:glynis
Stayed at the Perola in June last year. Ideally situated between the old town and the strip. Is behind a large supermarket which is great for self catering.
Had a studio apartment which was large and very clean. English speaking tv channels. We really enjoyed our stay there and hope you do to. Have been to the Algarve several times and will be back in September. Love it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.