Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
You will find in June there will not be so many Canandians as its there summer they go to Cuba in the winter to get away from the snows. I any case they are great people you will have a wonderful time dont fret.
Gaspodesm8 : We have stayed at Sirenis hotels in Spain - they are a major hotel chain and I am sure you will be fine. This hotel was only built and opened last year - I get a newsletter from the Sirenis Group keeping me informed of all their news. We want to go back to Cuba in the not too distant future and we would certainly consider staying at this hotel. I think it is at the far end of the Varadero peninsular but there is a red open topped tourist bus that goes along the coast so you will be OK for getting into Varadero. The dolphin place is also just up the road and you can either go on an organised trip or get the bus and do it yourself. Like snowyboy has said, lots of Canadians go to the caribbean at this time of year because of their weather but I have tended not to take too much notice of their reviews as they seem to moan about every thing!!! Nothing appears to be good in their eyes. We make up our own minds when we get there. After all what one person likes, someone else doesn't. We was in Varadero in early July and the weather was fab. I am sure you will love it.
Been to Varadero before and did the excursions. This time going to chill on the beach. Last time I crammed everything in so Mrs didn't get chance to enjoy it. This time its a slow slow slow pace. True enough, some people will moan about nothing. Even read someone complain because the resort was too far from town and should've been built Closer!
He, he! The hotel is quite far along the peninsula but as Mitchy says, the tourist bus runs frequently into town and back.

If you booked the hotel through a UK Tour Op then there must be other Brits there too, surely?! But if there are no Canadians and no Brits then you will have plenty of beach to choose from! :sun2
True enough ella. The down side to that is the jumping teeth from the sand and the flying teeth will be starving so when we get there they will have a feast. Probably come back with more bites than clear skin Hmph
Aahh don't fret Gaspodesm8, I am sure you will have a wonderful time and if there are no brits there maybe it won't be so bad, after all you have chosen a foreign holiday and will come across foreigners :rofl - I am sure it will be fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.