General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hot spots in May
17 Posts
Turkey would be lovely in May. Its too hot for me July and August. If I could go in May I'd be thrilled!
Bridd
If your budget will allow Dubai.
Third one for Turkey. Went in May this year and had glorious weather :sun
Malta and Tunisia are both lovely in May.
Rhodes is pretty good in may plenty of sunshine and warm enough
Most people are suggesting Turkey so hes a few more questions.

Will I need air conditioning in May.

What is a good resort to try in Turkey for a first timer.

Been looking at the accomadation with water slides, any recomendations.

Maybe I would be better trying the Turkey forum!!!!!!!
Took our chuildren (then 9 & 10) to Lykia world in Olu Deniz for the May half term 2003 - and they still rave about the place.
booked on a FB plus (beer & wine with meals included - they bought me a 1l bottle of wine every meal - could have got blotto without trying!). we used First Choice/Eclipse, but lots of other operators offer it.

Facilities, rooms and food first class and there is an area called "Paradise" at the top of the site that is full of water slides etc for the kids, plus their own lunch restaurant. Son never keen on kids clubs, but most of them were sports orientated so during the week he tried tennis, basketball, banan-boating, archery, climbing, footie and went out on a whole day safari including white-water rafting!! The older kids were free to put together their own daily itineries from a variety of choices, we virtually never saw them from 8.30 until 6pm - then lost them again from 7 until 9.30!! Even the tinies well taken care of (swimming pool and clubhouse of their own, covered to avoid sunburn)
Plenty of serious sports options for adults (worked out that on one day you could do 7 hours straight of aerobics classes - can't think why I preferred to be sitting by the pool!!!) - or you were free to do your own thing.
Excellent place - highly recommended - and we had one dullish day in the week!!
Cyprus before it gets too hot
......yes, Cyprus would be warm enough.....and so would Crete, and then there's Malta...yes, Malta......nobody ever mentions Malta for some reason.....
really, most Med areas are good enough in May; even April can be very pleasant....
.....but I have to say Tenerife, 'cos I'm biased...... :wink:
Went to Egypt this May half term, the weather was lovely and hot. Pools and sea warm. It was wonderful. Just booked for next May.
We went to Benalmadena in the Costa del Sol a couple of years ago in May and it was plenty hot enough for anyone!! Lovely place, nice beaches.
Booked for Turkey - Thanks everyone
Can I ask where abouts you booked in turkey? I have been looking at the same things for my son and I to go next year (he's 5) Turkey hasn't really appealed to me, not quite sure why....

Karen x
Booked the club Alize in Marmarus which is in the First Choice brochure. Its only the first year it has been open and has got some good reviews if you check out the Turkey review site. It also has its own web site. I know what you mean about Turkey weve been booked just over a week now and I keep thinking have I done the right thing. Loads of people I have told that I booked say they hated Turkey (mostly the Turkish people) but my brother goes every year and loves it.
The club Alize has a pool with slide, kids club, shops, restaurant, Turkish baths and day and night entertainment so if we don't like it we dont have to go far.

Hope this helps (you dont know until you try it for yourself, maybe we will be hooked.)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.