General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
spots
17 Posts
Try tea tree oil just dab it on neat ! antiseptic and wiil dry the spot out ! good emergency first aid in a little bottle ! loads and loads of uses Good Luck !
Try Tesco T zone spot treatment stick. It contains tea tree oil. The super models swear by toothpaste!! but I have never tried it I'm afraid.
I've tried toothpaste! I can't really say it worked, but it would make great hair gel! I put it on a spot at bedtime, when I woke up it had rubbed off onto my pillow and into my hair! :lol: :lol:

I usually find that any spots I have soon clear up when I'm in a hot country, I don't know why that is :hmmm

Pippy :D
Pippy..if you used one with stripes it would save you having your highlights done :lol:
whatever you do, don't burst spots - it tears the skin causing a scar and pushes dirt deeper into the pore which will come back as another spot the next day, let alone the redness which comes all around a burst spot.. yuk! :( leave a blob of face mask on the area to dry it out, but don't pick it, the more you touch your face, the more grease and dirt gets stuck in your pores from your hands - however clean you think they are!!
I've always found the little greeny-blue witchstick things are amazing on those HUGE spots which need their own postcode...
when i was younger and suffered from an eruption of zits every time anything important was due to happen in my life (!!!!!) i was told never ever put any of these creams etc on them as it only feeds them and makes them bigger. Tea tree oil/stick is a good thing as are those antiseptic face pads you can get.
Val - the same thing has always happened to me and still does!!
We're due to fly on 20th June and already, after months of a spot-free face, I have a bunch of Grapes growing on my chin!!!

They're not small either. It's so depressing :(

I use Stiemycin (sp?) from my GP, but have also tried toothpaste, tea tree, etc, and they all work well, but not as much as the stuff my GP gave me. Needless to say, I'm now smothering my face in it :D
My kids have been using Zinneryt but they have become immune to it now, so the GP has switched them to Dalacin T topical lotion ( Clindamycin phosphate lotion) and it's great. Clearing those spots up a treat :lol:
Both my mum and I both use Dalacin T lotion it's really good - I much prefer the lotion to the other one which is like an alcohol based clear liquid which comes in a bottle with a sponge top, I found that one really dried my skin. My GP is good and will give me 2 big bottles on one prescription too. i know your not supposed to squeeze but I can never help it!!!
Yes..the lotion is better than the other one which is...the same stuff but in the alcohol base.
I use Johnson's Clean & Clear for Sensitive Skin. It comes as a blue or a pink liquid (I use the blue) and is readily available in supermarkets, Boots, etc. Used daily as a cleanser it keeps spots at bay however, if one threatens then some concentrated application on a cotton wool pad or cotton bud usually does the trick. Excessive use can dry the skin but it is amazing how much cleaner my skin is after using Clean & Clear; just wiping with a cotton wool pad soaked in Clean & Clear shows how much muck your skin collects! An inexpensive moisturiser e.g. Boots unperfumed or cucumber moisturiser helps to rehydrate the skin but is non greasy so doesn't clog the pores again.
HTH
Laguna
When you buy tea tree oil make sure its main igredient is melalucaalternefolia (not sure if spelling is correct). The Australian Bodycare brand is the best to go for and is available in larger Boots stores and Superdrug also used to stock this although I haven't seen it for a while.

Its also best to go for the neat tea tree oil rather than the spot sticks as these contain other ingredients that can sometimes iritate the skin i.e mineral oil etc.

Another good one which is also good for bites, stings, burns and spots is Liz Earle's spot on stick which also contains lavendar and other essential oils. It is available from QVC but if you go direct to Liz's website it is around £7 for one bottle and usually arrives the next day if you order before early afternoon and you select the premium postage rate. The second class usually arrives 2 days later and not 2 weeks later like sometimes is the case when ordering from QVC.
I agree the Liz Earle stick is good i also use Liz Earle cleanse and polish and toner.
I always break out in spots the day before i go on holiday. I use Sudacreme, I know a lot of people think it's just for nappy rash, so did I till I actually read the leaflet inside the box.
It works for me, just dab it on your spot before bed time and it is not as angry the next day and by day 2 it's just a nasty dream!
Well, IMO.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.