Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi woody, Thomson are still selling Algarb on their main website.
Don't think they have it with Portland any longer, but assume they still sending people who are already booked.

On Thomson it just says new for season lol
Hi

Has anyone been to the Hotel Algarb in Playa Den Bossa since the new owners have taken over for 2008.

I see that the gardens and tennis courts have now gone and and big building site is going on.

Any info please?

Regards
i will be there next monday 19th.so will be able to let you know.if someone does not before.same staff i have been told.also book for oct 2008.its the location thats suits me.the new aptts work started last year.

may 16 days
oct 18 days

can tell you how i booked it aswell if you need /pm me cheap
ok food has gone down hill abit.not a very big choice.but its early .hotel is not full yet.events at night are poor but i dont stop in anyway.still lots of people have booked diy to this hotel.who used to book with tui...still time for me to report more when i get back on 5th june
  • Edited by djwoody 2008-06-05 18:33:13
ok with staying for 16 nights i really got to know a lot about this hotel with new owners.like i stay food has gone down hill a bit,few things missing at meal times.not so many kids as before.more people from x eastern block places are staying here and working there to.hotel was not even full when i was there.
given time i can see this hotel getting there.lots of little jobs where begin done.like painting walls ect.round pool area.still loads of original staff are there.but head waiter and chef/boss/pool guy have moved to another hotel.

all in all things got better more into my stay...

any more info pm me
Hi- has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Have booked for a week in september -and there are no reviews on here for this particular hotel. Hoping djwoody has popped in, or stayed!

Thanks, belly
it is part of the notorious grupo playa sol (gps) which just may give you an idea of how it's going to be.

sdII
Not got a clue spotty!

Just wanted a cheap week away a few months after our main holiday- it was a choice between mare nostrum 2* or here! We decided on this hotel as it was a 3* , and more central! Didnt want to spend a lot= its only cost us £290 all inclusive with flights, so we're not expecting a lot- as long as its clean, and the food fairly edible, we'll be happy!

Belly
We do have reviews belly, but unfortunately none recent. This may be because we appear to have the hotel listed under a slightly different name from a few years ago. Hopefully this will be amended shortly, and we may attract some up to date reviews:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/playa-d-en-bossa/algarb-hotel/

David :wave EDIT: Listing now amended by Admin
bellybally

GPS (Grupo Playa Sol) have taken over lots of hotels in Ibiza/Spain. Its true that they dont always have a very good reputation.

Had a look at some websites (not HT) that do the Algarb and theres lots of good reviews. In my opinion for the amount that you are paying All Incl., and your not looking for 4/5*, I would go for it.
Dont know your age group but the location is okay for likes of Bora Bora or in the other direction nearby Figueretas.

Loads of plus points - suppose you just have to weigh it all up but sounds a good enough deal.
Hi thanks for all replies- had a look at the reviews on another travel site= and they are very mixed indeed (which is usually the case). But I remember from last year the hotel was very central- which is what we want. (Unlike don toni where we stayed= which was just that bit far out-) as we spent most our nights in uno's/big bens- (not into clubbing)-I know the hotel wont be anything as nice as don toni (food , entertainment etc..)= but for the price we paid- i think its worth taking a chance! :)

Ps - Is unos still open- as last we heard it was getting put up for sale! (July 09)

Thanks again

Belly.
Hi belly

We also found the Don Toni Hotel to be a bit far out for us, it got so tedious in all that heat walking along that same stretch. The Algarb is certainly in a better position for walking into Ibiza Town
(14 bus if you feel lazy).

To answer the question about Unos, I know for certain it was still open mid August 2009 as we popped in a few times. Isnt it a lovely litte place.

Anyway enjoy your holiday wherever you pick.
uno;s is NOT for sale.it was a joke that backfired on them.they were just winding me up.

as for algarb .well if you book it.don;t come running to me and say it was rubbish.its gone right down hill.

stay away trust me.its full of youths not adults.food is even worse now.ok its cheap and a place to rest if you can get some sleep.staff are fine but its the people it gets in now make it like a 18/30s hotel.

i have a good link if anyone needs it for a cheap stay in this hotel.discounts ect.

apart from that any info on pdb let me know.
hi woody
so true algrab is rubbish its a shame we use to have some good times there but now noway hotel ok still clean but food and entertainment waste of time hope to see you at the end of september were goin to the don toni we love abiza
mel&tony
i will be there to see you late sept.and should have updates of everything as i go in june as well.janet and tom are going out in june as well.missed them for two years.i don;t think eddie (roadrunner) is going this year far as i know.

algarb regular crowd that had gone for years is now defunked.most like me tony/mel and others have swapped hotels or gone to other resorts.we had some right laughs in its day.but thanks to this site and others we can still keep in touch.

hotel on a quite day.taken from beach.you should know this couple they used to go as many times as me.5/6 times a year.but even they have moved hotels.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2d978eb.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ed7g5c.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.