Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You are entitled to a refund or compensation if there has been a significant change to your holiday. If they are offering a 5 star hotel then this is not deemed to be significant. However if it will materially affect your holiday than you would have a case. For instance, you say it is on a hill. Does anyone in your party have mobility problems?
hi

no we dont have any mobility problems but i dont want to be on top of a hill nor would i have booked a hotel on top of a cliff,as i dont like heights i know this isnt a good enough reason, but i wanted to be fairly central ,nor would i have choosen a hotel mainly for business people, she said just found out other hotel is going through a refubishment, dont believe they decided that this week, not happy about this, i thought we would have had a least a choice of a few hotels, ive left it for her to recheck, but wondered if i had any say over it
Which hotel had you been booked to go to?

What have you been offered?

Perhaps some of the forum members can allay your concerns?
the hotel we were supposed to be staying in was the falez hotel in antayla, travel agent has just rung back and cant contact hotel reservations til monday think they went through med hotels,so ill know more then, this is it http://www.falez.com/index.asp, the other hotel is ontop of a cliff and doesnt look as nice, ive calmed down somewhat now as it was shocked reaction so close to going, ill see what they come back with on monday,
Few years back I stayed at the Sheraton in Antalya. That was on a hill and away from the beach (fromwhat I remember) but I thought it was great. One of the best hotels I have stayed in, in Turkey.

When you find out the name of the new hotel - check the Turkey review section, or post a request for information on the Turkey forum.
You need to find out which tour operator you are travelling with, check the booking terms and conditions, you generally find the information you are looking for

in previous situations I've been in if the alternative accommodation they have offered is not acceptable regardless of a reason why, you have the right to a refund

coutnet-jade

*Edit changed to lowercase. Please do not post with your caps lock on. Thanks - Glynis*
it was through teletext instant holidays where they made up a package for me, so flights were with thomas cook and they have also been changed to another airline ive never heard of ,a turkish airline and now the hotel has been changed ,think they booked through med hotels, so infact the holiday i orginally booked has totally changed, seems they can do what they want half the time, we had a lovely flight booked at 3.30pm great time and they have changed this to 6am horrid time so we will have to get up in middle of the night now, so all in all not a happy bunny !!! they really are taking the mick
HAVE A LOOK ON http://WWW.MEDHOTELS.COM - CHECK OUT BOOKING CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD HAVE A FULL REFUND ON ACCOMODATION, BUT BECAUSE ITS TAILOR MADE YOU WONT GET NOTHING BACK FROM FLIGHTS, BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE THE OPERTUNITY TO HAVE A LOOK AT DIFFERENT HOTELS WITH DIFFERENT COMPANIES,

IF THE FLIGHT TIMES CHANGE BY MORE THAN 12 HOURS YOU GET COMPANSATION OTHERWISE YOU GET NOTHING, GENERALLY THEY SAY FLIGHT TIMES ARE A GUIDE LINE AND ARE ONLY CONFIRMED ON TRAVEL TICKETS.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Hi courtney-jade ... could you turn your Caps Lock off when posting please.

Many thanks

David HT Mod :wave
hi

im either thick or blind as i can only see if i cancel the booking what will happen not the other way round, ive managed to find some booking conditions on instant holidays letter they sent me and it doesnt look good although they want to change my hotel and flights does look like i can do a thing, grrrr here goes, under if we change your holiday, first paragraph is a joke, as its says it is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your holiday,as we do plan the arrangements many months in advance, <this was booked around oct time and they have changed flight time ,flight company and my hotel>, occassionally changes may be made,which we reserve the right to do so at any time,most of these changes are minor, and we will advise you at the earliest date possible, then it says further down,if a major change becomes necessary,we will inform you as soon as possible if there is time before your departure.when a major change occurs ( such as the alteration of your outward/inward return by more than 12 hours,changes to a resort or reduction in the standard of accommodation) provided it does not arise from circumstances amounting to force majeure you may have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements,taking another holiday from us,or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund, so looks like i cant have a refund
have a look on med hotels again number 7 if you cancel, but go down to the last paragraph just before number 8 starts, have they said why you cant still travel to the hotel you booked originally, also it would be worth speaking to med hotels yourself as travel agents can sometimes try to persude you to keep what has been offered, less work for them and they are not losing money
It would do no harm to speak to Med hotels. As things stand you have been offered a similar star accomodation in the same resort and you are not entitled to compensation. I have every sympathy with you as this has also happened to me. what the companies think of as a minor change is actually as a major as you can for the holidaymaker. Most spend ages deciding upon the hotel they want.
hi

thanks fiona, i am annoyed about this, as it was booked 5 months ago and im going there to sort out my wedding so can do without this extra hassle, we booked the falez as it looked so nice, the reason they gave me was due to the falez hotel being refurbished, i find this strange 3 weeks before we go , its the whole thing thats upset me, last month change of flight company and times and now this, not happy about it at all, and the attitude of the lady who rang me was, well we are offering you another 5 star so what you moaning about ,was the impression i got, i asked if we had any other choices as i had seen another 1 on med hotels, she said she would look into it, rang me back and said med hotels amendment dept was closed til mon,but it was unlikely as she was only given this hotel to offer me, yet the other one says on med hotel website its got accommodation, i just wanted to know whether i had any rights or do i have to accept this hotel they have suggested, she also said med hotels have bought some rooms off this other hotel because of this problem as its not listed on their website, but not only is it on a cliff its also mainly a business hotel, so not really the atmosphere we wanted, if that makes sense, wanted a relaxed friendly atmosphere with other holiday makers, not people there on business trips, maybe im being too fussy but still feel miffed by this complete change, i feel as if this is a big change but it seems that it has to be the resort not the hotel and like you said fiona, we all look hard through brochures, internet sites etc for the hotel we decide upon, so i feel this is a big change
hi

found this bit

If in the unlikely event that we are informed by the accommodation owner that they are unable to provide the accommodation which you have booked, we will try to provide you with similar accommodation of equal standard. If we are unable to do this or you prefer not to accept our alternative, you may cancel free of charge.

thanks didnt notice that it wasnt very well advertised, now thats interesting because i asked her do they deal with any other hotel agencies and she said yes but couldnt do anything about it because this was booked with med hotels so therefore i would probably have to stay with med hotels, umm might pay me to look at other sites too
ellie
that is definitely good news!
the other thing i found strange was when i asked this travel agent how much my accommodation was as it was a tailor made package she said she didnt have the separate amounts , she obviously didnt want me to do this,i thought if i found that out i could look myself and know how much i had to spend or could i go for a cheaper hotel and get a refund of the difference, doesnt have to be a 5 star as long as i get a refund of the difference, but im sure they wont be happy to do this
You have been so unlucky with your travel agent. I have been on several tailor made holidays and every one had the total broken down for me into flights, accomodation etc. Tell her you are not happy with what she has told you and want to speak to a supervisor. Keep on insisting this as she will fob you off.
What is the name of the travel agent by the way?
they were on the teletext think they are called instant holidays, yes i will find out more details on monday and insist she gives me a breakdown its not on any confirmation sent to me either
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.