Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Kanta hotel pek?
151 Posts
will have a look at that review thanks, ive also been looking at the marhaba in the port aswell as there looks to be direct access to the beach from there which would be ideal as our daughter will love going on the beach
Hi jguicha,
We havn't been to the Kanta, but can most definately recommend The Marhaba Palace (we went in March and are returning in May).
Path to the beach directly from the hotel pool area, beach was absolutely spotless. Briarskeg is the person to ask about the Marhaba...........she loves it too.
Can't wait to return,
Love Elsa2
well weve decided on the marhaba as its directly on the beach which will be perfect for our daughter. there are 7 of us going so i need to get it booked asap. Im just wanting somewhere really nice to stay as its my parents first time to tunisia so i want it to be a fab holiday for them.
weve decided on the marhaba and have booked for the 7th sept for 2 weeks so cant wait, the hotel looks fab.
One question whats the food like and do they cater for fussy eaters??? just my dads a right fuss pot with his food but im hoping they do some plain type of foods that he will eat.
Roll on sept lol
thanks briars, im sure we will all put on a few pounds whilst out there lol
Hi i have read the reports on this hotel but has anyone been there this year just wondering what your views were :?: thinking of going in august i have been to Tunisia before and loved it but stayed in a different part.

We also looked at the Golden sovia think thats right :D

Any thoughts would be greatful before i book this week :lol:
Thankyou very useful not sure what to do now :?

will have a look at some more hotels i think. :lol:
:roll: not sure what to do everytime i sort out another hotel i read the reports and it puts me off,mind you people have different views don't theyand the reviews are so vaired from one person to another :roll:

I rang panorma up yestedray and she offered me..Dreams beach i think it was,and a couple of others..

Ahh well will just go for it i think we can lie on the beach all day :sun
Yes it looks lovely but its all booked up for august :cry:
Hi Poppy
have stayed at both of the hotels, and in all honesty there isnt much between them, yes we do go back to the maharba every year but in honesty its quieter than the kanta, however the kanta does seem to attract a younger age (under 50!!!! we're early/late forty's) so it depends on what your looking for, the kanta also has its own section of private beach approx 10 minute walk from hotel but there is a shuttle bus which takes people to and from beach every 15 minutes, and in all fairness the kanta beach is slightly better than the maharba's kanta have proper sun loungers on beach the maharba has what looks like our old fashioned deck chair just with metal not wood.

the bedrooms at the kanta are really nice and 24 hours room service is great, same at the maharba (which is having a refurb at present on all bedrooms) so the choice is yours they are both in great locations, the staff are lovely the food is really good with plenty of choice, the kanta possibly has better entertainment but you can always wonder over and watch it anyway. i would say the maharba is a lot more grand and the piano bar is lovely, but the outside bar at the kanta is much better than the outside bar at the maharba, the maharba has a lovely very deep pool which i sometimes think could do with being a little bigger, where as the kanta has two huge pools, see what a hard decision it is, whichever of these two hotels you choose you will really love, they are both a good 4* and most importantly extremely clean.
oh one last thing enjoy yourself, we're off to morocco in 4 weeks cant wait, have fun :)
OH! thats great thanks :tup

We are going to try and book this weekend :fly so fingers crossed will proberly end up in a totaly different hotel :lol:
anyone stayed at the kanta can you tell me what to expect
We stayed at the Kanta and we loved it :) Very nice hotel with a very luxurious restaurant. The rooms were clean and well kept and the air con worked :). The gardens surrounding the place are very pretty and colourful. We only stayed there 3 nights but had a really nice time relaxing. Other than the Marina and the beach there isn't much else there tbh we got bored and organised an excursion out to Tunis, Carthage etc before departing on our 4 day Safari adventure which was awesome and a site to behold!
The evening entertainment was awful lol

I have no doubts at all about this place you will have a fab time there! :wink: Have a good holiday!
I am going to the Hotel Kana in June with my boyfriend. Could any one who has been there tell me if there is a beauty salon. if so how do the prices compare with the UK and Ireland.
Also are the drinks expensive? Can you give me examples in Euro or dinar. And how do they make you pay for them? ie. do they give you a bill at the end of the two weeks or can you pay by the day or as you get them.
what is breakfast like? I ve generally heard good things about lunch and dinner but little about breakfast. Is there a good choice?
Is the gym good?
Would appreciate any replies.
Thanks Lynda (Dublin)
Hi just booked a holiday for my parents wedding anniversary to go here for 2 weeks. Just woundering if its a good place for a couple in their 50's, young at heart!!!

Hi Welshbird.! As long as they're not lookiong for dizzy excitement it certainly is. My daughter & I stayed there last year and it was great. The rooms are a good size with a mini bar for which you can pay whenever you want. The pool is a good size with plenty of loungers and the waiters will come to serve you. The indoor pool is nice but the room is a bit chilly when you get out of the water. Entertainment is fairly low key but there's a lovely piano bar with some great wines on offer. There was Karaoke on the pool Terrace, an Indian show (brill) in the disco room, and a group in the actual reception room. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice, and for your main meal you had the option of dining at lunchtime or in the evening. There is a "tuk Tuk" which takes you to the beach which is lovely and clean ( alittle bit far to walk). We treated ourselves to a french manicure (reasonable) and many were booking massages. A ten minute stroll through the back gate and you arrive at the marina. Plenty of shops,cafes and boat trips here. I'm sure they'll have a great time. If you need any more info let me know.
Thanks for the info helen! from what you've described they should have a great time. :wink:
Hello everyone
I was wondering if they have finished the redecoration of the rooms in the hotel Kanta. Because I was looking up a French website and they showed rooms decorated in red. Whereas when I looked up the Panorama and Directeholidays websites they are still green.
Can someone who has been there recently tell me if all the refurbishment is over????
Thanks
Amelie
Hi

I stayed in Hotel Kanta over the easter week :D (15-22 April) and the rooms we had were still the usual green ones although I did notice they had painters and decorators in some of the rooms beside us on the third floor but there was no disruption or noise whatsoever! In fact I wish I was going back tomorrow!!

Hope this helps
Leanna
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.