Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I have stayed at the Las Palmeras several times (I take it you mean the Las Palmeras in Fuengirola?) You don't say whether you know Fuengirola or not but the Las Palmeras is a huge hotel directly behind the marina/harbour. The promenade runs right outside and access to the beach is just along from the hotel in either direction. The rooms were refurbished last year and they are very comfortable, two single beds, wardrobe with sliding door, bedside cabinets and dressing table. Bathroom with usual bath, shower,bidet and mirror and hairdryer. There is also a safe and air conditioning in the room.Depending on which side of the hotel you are on the view could be the beach, the mountains, the side street or a car park. Also depending on when you go, it could be very noisy around the hotel at night as there is a bar on the opposite corner (The London) as well as at least one nightclub. I have always asked for a quiet room on a high floor (from what I recall there are about 8 or 9 floors) The one overlooking the side street can still be a bit noisy if you're on a lower floor near the front of the hotel, but the quietest part is the side overlooking the car park, it just depends on whether you want a view or peace! What I will say is that if you like to sit on the balcony and catch the evening sun, if you're on the street side you won't get it much but the car park side has it for much longer. The food is good, except that it can be a bit repetitive but there is always stuff like lamb, pork, beef, veal, fish and pasta most evenings. Plenty of salad and lovely puddings! You have to pay for any drinks, including water and the staff are usually very friendly. The hotel has an underground car park but it can work out as expensive as the hire of the car - 11.50 euros a day when we were there in July. It can get very busy in the side streets and you couldn't guarantee finding a parking space so if you hire a car it would be worth the extra expense.

There IS entertainment but it wasn't very well attended (even by us!) but you wouldn't miss it because there are lots of things going on outside the hotel. Inside the hotel there is a clothes/shoe shop and a hairdresser as well as gaming/internet machines. The hotel is well placed as it is about a ten minute walk to the railway station as well as a couple of big supermarkets, although there are some smaller shops nearby. Fuengirola Zoo is also about a 20 minute walk away . There are loads of shops and restaurants all around and there's a duty free shop in the next street as well as further away.

It might be a while until we go there again, only because we've been quite a few times (at least six) and it would be nice to go somewhere else. I hope this helps. If you want any more information just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.