Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
We have been to the resort of Es cana 4 out of the last 5 year but never stayed at the Miami,having said that we have looked in it on several occasions.

Thhe hotel looks nice but a little dated inside,the pool area although large, is not big enough for the numbers staying in the hotel and therefore it's like sardines at times round the pool.This may not be a problem if you like the beach - the hotel is right on the beach.

People we have spoke to say the food is fine as is the entertainment which I presume is the usual thing you get in this sort of hotel.Also I don't think there is air con in the bedrooms.

I can recommend the Hotel Caribe in the resort of Es Cana if you don't fancy the Miami.

Hope this has been of some help.
we stayed in the Miami apartments from 6th to 13th Sept this year and thought they were lovely, we visited the hotel a lot and everyone who stayed there were having a great time. The entertainment was fantastic, with a great entertainments team, the supremes show especially was brilliant, the bar prices were reasonable and the staff were all very friendly, its in a lovely position right next to the beach, with some shops near bye its only a few minutes walk into the centre of Es Cana and there sre some amusements for children like dodgems and soft play area just a couple of minutes walk away.
Hi there,
Im thinking about staying at the hotel miami next year,booking through direct holidays,ive been to es cana before staying at the hotel atlantic and the sirenis coral playa.At the moment the hotel miami seems to have very good reviews.We usually go AI but the hotel through direct holidays is only offering half board (which we dont mind trying)I just wondered if anyone has been and knows roughly how much it was to upgrade.Plus any more info on this hotel would be very appreciated.
Thank you for reading this
Angela
Hi there,
Ive already posted tonight about the hotel miami,but just wondered if anyone knows the e-mail address of this hotel so i could get in touch with them (don't know if they would reply back though.)
Many thanks
Angela.
I went to this hotel in August of this year. If you want to ask me any questions please feel free. YOu can pm me if you want. I would be happy to give you my honest opinion. IT all depends on what you are expecting out of your holiday and who you are travelling with.

the email address for the hotel is rec.miami@intertur.es

to upgrade from half board to all inclusive is 25 euro per adult (half price for children)

You can get an amigo card which will give you 15% off this total.
hope this helps
Hey everyone,

I stopped in the Hotel Miami again early September this year and loved it as every year, been there 7 times now.. I was just wondering if anyone on here stopped there Mid September or at the end of September, if u did, would be great if could pm me :) thanx :)
Hi,

We are a party of 7 and we will be staying at the Miami for a week from the 13/10/2006. I will certainly post once I return and I will leave a hotel review.
We have done this holiday as a DIY and I think that the price we got was terriffic. We booked 3 rooms (2 rooms for 2 people and 1 for 3) the cost for two people AI for the week worked in about £290 which I thought was fantastic. I also booked my flights early and got 4 flights for £225 with Thomson flights. Unfortunately my mum, sister and nephew decided in September that they too wanted to go and the same flights cost £320 for 3 of them, but it still worked out cheaper than if I had tried to book through an operator. Don't know when you are planning to go on holiday Angela, but perhaps you could compare the cost with Direct Holidays and with doing it yourself. We booked the hotel through findmeaccomm.com but there are loads of other websites offering this particular hotel.

keanda
Hi,

I have been looking at some of the reviews and also looked at a review on another site. We are staying at this hotel next week and I have just noticed that people are saying that the AI does not include snacks from the outside pool area. Are there any snacks available at all on the AI package? This seems a bit strange as any AI I have been on before have always included snacks and drinks and ice cream, if there are no snacks then I probably would'nt have booked this hotel. Can anyone enlighten me

thanks

keanda
I have a feeling you are going to be very disappointed by the snacks.

Poolside snacks are NOT available on the all inc. (Apparantly they were last year but have decided not to do that this year). The snacks that are available are Sliced Bread, slices of cold meats and slices of cheese. YOu can also get tubs of ice cream. At night time they sometimes put one hot thing out ie it could be a tray of chicken nuggets or a tray of chicken breasts (depends what was left from the evening meal).

There was not a lot of choice. Most all inclusive places i have stayed at have included various hot dishes with choices of chips, burgers etc (more like a copy of a lunch time or evening meal but this was not very good at all for snacks. On the plus side, the drinks are expensive especially coke, fanta etc, so you do save there i suppose (but there is a supermarket next door you could go and buy a big bottle) it depends on how much you drink.

Have you looked at the hotel reviews as I have put a very detailed and long hotel review on this hotel.
Hi Kizzikat,

You are right, I am really dissapointed that this is what they are offerring for snacks. I phoned the company I booked with and all they could say was that light snacks and ice cream were available for children but it did not mention any types of snacks. The reason I choose AI is because the children tend to snack throughout the day and look for soft drinks. They would certainly turn there noses up at bread cheese and meat and they don't eat chicken nuggets here so they certainly won't eat it over there. Snacks to me are normally toasties, chips, burgers, salads, rolls etc.

This has really put me off now.

thanks for the reply

keanda
With the greatest respect if your'e going AI you must be having breakfast,lunch and dinner - do you really need snacks such as chips,toasties and burgers in between these meals and in the night time too?

Not that I have ever been AI or that I ever will but I would have thought that 3 meals a day and unlimited drinks was all that could be expected. :?
Hi Wayne,

As I have already mentioned when I have been AI in the past it has always included snacks. Everyone is different, I personally would prefer to have a toasted sandwich and a juice at lunch time by the pool rather that go to a restuarant and stuff my face with a large lunch. I am also travelling with children age 15, 14 and 11 and more often than not they either don't want to eat at designated times, or to leave the activities and pool area to have to get dressed and go for something to eat, hence the reason that I choose to go AI, if I had wanted FB then I would have booked full board or full board including drinks.

keanda
YOu can get poolside snacks. if i remember the burger and chips is 3.50 euro and chips in a cone is 1.50 euro but what is the point of having to pay for poolside snacks if you are all inclusive.

Also the main pool is over 6ft deep at all places hubby is 6ft 2 and he could not stand AT ALL just except for the very very edge of the pool which if he stood on his tip toes he could manage to just keep his face out of the water if he leaned back.
Hi,
anyone having reservations weather or not to go to this hotel for summer 2007 well all I can say is that the Hotel Miami Escana is a fantastic Hotel sutiable for any age range but highley reccormend for a fun packed family holiday!
When I went it was my first abroad holiday for years and it was an absoulotley fantasic experiance all thanks to the Hotel Miami and team...

If you have any questions on the Miami post on here and I will try my best to ansewer them!

Danny 8)
Es cana great resort in my opnion one of the nicest in Ibiza,

I have stayed at the hotel Miami wich was opposite the Hotel Miami but stil under the same hotel chain intertur,

I had a look in an empty apartment and they are a good size ranging from ground floor apartments up tp 5 floored ones!

The pool was smallish for apartments that big but and was often packed out but you can use the Hotel Miamis facilteys which is just litralley yards away!
Anyone recomend a nice quiet room at the hotel miami in escana dont want one that is above all the entertainment or bars anyone help please
We stayed at the Miami last August. Unfortunately can't remember the room number, but we were on the 2nd floor of the right hand building as you look up from the pool :lol:

Never had a problem with noise even though the hotel was full to capacity. I do remember however, that our room overlooked the roof of the reception. Try e-mailing the hotel direct and asking for a quiet room, if you go to INVALID URL there is a page for contacting the hotel, follow the 'support' link.

The Miami also has superior rooms, which have sea view, flat screen tv and DVD player - might be worth considering an upgrade.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at this hotel - the food last year was excellent :D
has anyone got any recent photos of this hotel?
Been back a week from this hotel - see my review.
We stayed on 5th floor (the highest floor)facing out over pool area and we did hear the entertainment every night until approx 11.30pm, it didnt really stop us from falling asleep although you could definately hear it. I believe if you e mail the hotel directly and request a quiet room they will try to give you it, as I e mailed them to ask them for a room on 5th floor facing the pool which we got! (although I got no reply from them saying they would give us it). Hope this helps a bit!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.