Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
This Hotel is great with kids, there is plenty to keep them amused. They really cater well for children. :tup
The entertainment crew keep them occupied night and day, there is also a kids club round the back by the baby pool and park.
I think you will probably get 2 seperate rooms as I have never heard of any 2 bedroom accomadation.
Hiya Rach,we went last year to this hotel and we were in a two bedroomed bungalow. It's called a bungalow however it has two floors. Downstairs had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and lounge area. Upstairs had a bedroom and a bathroom and a big balcony. I would highly recommend this accomodation.
Regards.
Thank you very much for your replies :tup

Any other information much appreciated!!

What age is the kids club for?

Has anyone been to the waterparks or are they too far away?

When I go back to the travel agents, I'm going to ask again about the room, on my booking form it says 2 bedrooms, so I'm hoping for the bungalow!!
When we were there the two bedroomed ones were in a separate block at the side of the main hotel.They looked very nice and had a grassed area in front of them.

The kids club is very good but the only thing is that small children could wander out, it`s in a building around the back near the kids playground. I personaly would have a sunbed in that area in case your youngster wanders out.It`s a hotel based kids club wich is very good but a bit different to the ones run by reps.There is no signing in and signing out, its more like everyone can join in, kids can come and go, our son enjoyed it as he was 7 and could have a bit of freedom but had he of been any younger I think I would have been at his side more.(possible cause I`m quite overprotective)
Things may be different now. Was thinking of your youngest but noticed you have two older so they would look out for each other anyway.

You will not be dissapointed,the Sur Menorca is a fabulous place, my son loved the enclosed football pitch, it was fooldlit on an evening.
Hi Rach. We were in a 2 bedroom room. They call them Juniour Suites. 2 VERY large bedrooms and a sitting room (with a fridge) with views over the pool (as you can see from my 1st piccie) Each bedroom opened out onto the balcony. Bear this in mind if you are in one of these rooms as I dont remember if they had locks on them to stop people (toddlers) getting out. It only had one bathroom though, not the two, so it may be in the seperate block. (unless there are "SENIOR" suites??) The room we had is in the corner of the building in piccie 3, on the top floor (above the red towel!!)
You will all love it, and I defy you to not be singing the "sunshine song" for at least 3 months after you return! There is a small kids club (although my 2 didn't use it) run by the VERY VERY hardworking entertainment team. Beware of the performing parrots. They do not perform an awful lot. 95% percent of their performance is the two "owners" going round taking photos with the birds. Its hard to resist the pleadings of little kids for a snap. Not cheap, around 10€ for a poor quality print off a PC printer!
I can honestly say it was probably one of the best family package holidays we have had. I wish I was going with you. (How big IS your suitcase, I'm only little!?) :tup
recently booked for august family of three,read some horrendous reports about this hotel and complex on another review site contemplating changing any advice most welcome thanks.
I don't know what site you have been on - but I have only read one bad report about this whole place, on any sites. All reports I have read have been very good.

I was slightly worried that we will be bored, only because last year we went to a Holiday Village, which was quite a big complex. But everyone on here seems to have had a great time!
one of the other review sites had a 3 page report slating the place!!!!!!!
Dont know were you have read the bad reports ,we are going with family in July and
every report we have read has been wonderfull :sun2
Pat
site with bad report realholidayreports.com one person absolutely detests the place,hopefully a one off
As it is only one bad review, I wouldn't take too much notice. As I mentioned, every report I have read (except the one you are talking about - and I have seen it!) has been good about this place. One bad report compared to alot of very good ones, wouldn't put me off going somewhere!
We are returning in 7 dys to the Sur Menorca a it will be the 5th time we have visited as you may have guessed it is a great hotel fantastic staff and they cant be helpful enough Not only is there a courtesy bus from the hotel to Punta Prima but the local bus to Mahon stops right outside the hotel and its only a 20 min ride and from there you can visit most of the island

Hope you have a great Holiday
Colin
Thanks Colin, hope you have a fab holiday!! (Do you know where I could get a birthday cake from whilst there?!)

Please tell us about the holiday when you get back!
Hi can anyone tell me how many floors are the apartments?It states on various sites that there are 18 2bed 2bath apartments 13 2 bed bungalows and 6 duplex bungalows,i can only find prices for the apartments,any ideas all you sur menorca lovers.I must say it is getting some good reviews.

Regards mary.
The apartments are in the gardens of the hotel, they have 2 floors some of which are duplex apartments.They all look very nice and have either a terrace or balony or both if duplex. In front of them is a grassed area, which is nice for sunbahing. The ones at the back have lovely plants in front of their terraces.
The hotel rooms are in the main block.The bar and main pool are in front of the hotel with the football pitch and games room to the side. The apartments are then at the side of these.. Behind them is a small childrens pool,playground and the kids club room.
Because everyone is on all inclusive I think the hotel allocates the apartments according to family size. When we were there families with 2 children got the apartments. I would send an email to the hotel asking what you want as they may only advertise apartments. Or it could be each differrent tour opperators allocation. When we were there numerous opperators were using the hotel.
Any last minute hints or tips?

We fly out in 2 weeks time and judging by many of the reviews it really is a "value for money" resort.

Any useful information for us would be appreciated.

We are a family of 3 - our son Luke is 3 (will be 4 on his return). If any of you read this and are in the resort 08/06/08 to 22/06/08, make yourself known and we'll share a beer!
Oops, I forgot to ask - where is the nearest crazy golf/putting green?

Is it a short walk as our son is currently mad on golf (amongst other things).

Thanks in anticipation,

Paul
Paul,

We are there from 16th June to 30th. We are a family of 5 so easy to spot!...

Any tips appreciated from anyone, only 3 weeks until we go! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.