Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I have been to the Talayot TWICE and had a great time. It is in a fab postition, good food and nightly entertainment. I must warn you a lot of elderly people go there and outside the dining room the zimmers are lined up!!! Once the entertainment is finished there is a queue at the lift and not a murmour til morning so you get a good nights sleep. Hope this helps .CBG
I think the wrinklys are not going to be amuzed then. There will be 6 adults and 5 kids going. Should liven the place up id say. !!!! :oops:
I have been reading the topic on the General Enquiries forum about sharing a table in the hotel dining room.
We are going to the Talayot this month and I wonder if anyone can remind me if you have to share a table there please?
Sue
Hi Lincoln sue, no table sharing when we were there BUT tables are very close together.CBG
Thanks CBG.
Almost finished packing except a few things to go in tomorrow morning. We are leaving home at 11am for our flight to Palma from Humberside.
Sue
Anyone been there this year. last report was for July 06. Someone must of been there this year. Would like views good or bad please.
Thankyou
Colin Bredin
Northern Ireland :D
Anyone who's stayed in the Talayot this year please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks 8)
We were there in October and it was excellent nothing negative to tell.
I will post a review when I have time but returned from Benidorm late last night and got lots to do!
Sue
I cant offer you first hand experience, however i can say that it must be good my grandparents have done two month long stays at this hotel every year since the late 90's, they have never had a bad word to say:-)
Hi Colin,

have just put a new review on for June 07. My wife and I had a very enjoyable holiday here and would not hesitate to recommend it. I would say a front room with a full seaview would be our ideal, however if that is not really important to you the other rooms were ok, we were around the side and were fine.
wont rabbit on here check out the review. Have a great time wherever you stay.

Tony
Thanks for the review Tony.

Happy new year mate
Hi, has anyone been lately to the Talayot? Any sort of feedback would be great.
Just returned yesterday and we stayed near Talayot and talking to people on the coach picked up from there on the way to the airport, they all thorough enjoyed themselves and did not have a bad word to say.
Just back from this hotel. Lovely Hotel. See my thread on Hotel Reviews. Also just back from Destiny Cruise - Also see my thread on Cruises.

Back to porrige now. Need to save some pennies for the next venture.

Colin B
We are going to the Talayot Hotel in Cala Millor for easter cannot find anything on dress code.
Thank you.
Its a few years since we went but dress code for evening meals was "gents long trousers" and it was strictly enforced. We went 2 years running it was so good. CBG
Stayed at the Talayot hotel last october, I cant say about the dress code but would imagine long trousers would still be needed for dinner, I think very casual clothes like a tee shirt and swimming shorts would stand out. If you are not after a liverly hotel it is very good including the food.Position in the middle of the two resorts is great. My wife has just told me there was a sign saying long trousers for dinner
Thank you for the replies looking forward to going away get away from the (snow) again,Having only 15kg just wanted to know what to pack for hubby.Cheers :cheers
We are going back to the Hotel Talayot this year, (3rd visit!) We are taking along my wifes parents to show them why we go back! We have all been to the resort before and have stayed at the Alicia hotel further along the prom to Cala bona. We absolutely love the area and the views from both these hotels are fantastic.

The Talayot is a great base in a perfect spot. The staff are friendly (mostly!) and the food is good too, having your own table for the duration is great, no hanging around to be seated.
Cant wait so roll on Aug/Sept.
Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.