Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi kez...yeah there is a hotel just down the road in cap salou. its a four star hotel and its called H10 mediteranean hotel...
:wave: hi the h10 med village is in cap salou, some distance from portaventura and salou town. the h10 salauris palace and vil la romana are about 15 mins walk to both portaventura and salou town. also dorada palace.hope this helps
We stayed in the Vil.la Romana last year. Was just a short walk up the road, about 10 mins. Was a bit nasty coming back though after you had walked round the themepark all day! We find that if we stay that little bit further (Sol Piramide) then we get taxi's to the theme park which are only a couple of euros anyway. But if you want walking distance and a nice hotel go for Vil.la Romana.
:wave: hi kez-clay if you want a good self catering hotel then the dorada palace is ideal. it does apartments and hotel. haven't been to this one but heard it's very good :tup
Just wanted to say Thank-you for all your suggestions, you really have been a great help to me !!
Happy Holidays Everyone XXX
Must agree with beermat. The Dorada Palace was a great hotel. About a 10 min walk to PA and the beach. (No busy roads to cross to PA).

Only thing to be aware of is the hotel charges a deposit (refundable). It does state that in the brochure but you'd be surprised how many arguments the hotel desk staff had with those who claimed not to know.

Would also recommend the food at the DP. Half Board wasn't a huge amount more (from memory).

:whoops - just noticed this post was 2 months old. Hope this is still useful.
Just to re-iterate the comments on the Dorada Palace, I came back today and allthough we at First went self catering we decided to take up the offer of 5 days breakfast and dinner as the food in the hotel was of a far higher quality than could be found elsewhere, and after walking round the themepark all day you could not be bothered to go out and find a restaurant to go and eat in, we walked back a few times from the theme park and it took around 10 to 15 mins, the taxis up there were around 7 euros so not to bad.

I would highly reccomend the Dorada palace.
me and some friends went to CYE holiday appartments. Its walking distance to both town (5mins) and Port Aventura (bout 15mins)

Its about 3star but perfectly addequet with decent rooms and decent pool with plenty of sun beds.

We went at about the end of May last year and the resort was very quiet. However if it is not a drinking holiday your after that shouldnt be a problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.