Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
We stopped at the Dorado Palace which is in walking distance of the park. It was a loverly clean hotel which you could stay half board or self catering. We stayed half board and the food was great. It had kids clubs, 2 pools, night time entertainment was only so so. We bought a 14 day park pass and used to walk up to the park after our evening meal when it was cooler. Only bad point was the morning bed rush.
I would be interested on reviews off people who have stopped in hotels in walking distance to the park.
When are you looking to go ?
We got a diy deal for sep to the caribe resort hotel and it was only £450 for 2 adults and 1 child half board.
We got flights with ryan air for £150
You just need to spend some time looking around on the web for the best deals
Around early August, i checked ryanair, was £259 just for flights and accomodation direct (find a room or something site) was £930 which has been the cheapest quote so far
Hi. Try Thomsons accommodation only : http://www.thomsonhotelsandapartments.co.uk/ao/home

One week early August H/B cost between £300 and £400 Total Cost for 2. Double that for 2 weeks. Good family Hotels on it are both Playa Park and Donnaire. Hope this helps. Karen

PS Found this website prices don't seem bad
http://www.hotelclub.net/SearchResults.asp?inDay=6&inMonth=8&inYear=2005&SetInDay=%28Sat%29&outDay=13&outMonth=8&outYear=2005&SetOutDay=%28Sat%29&searchBy=Criteria&country=Spain&star5=ON&star4=ON&star3=ON&city=Tarragona+Province&hotelName=&suburb=
  • Edited by mrnkar 2005-05-03 18:15:36
We stayed at the hotel Belvedere (2004) which is within walking distance to the park.We went with direct holidays, but first choice have it this year.We found the hotel great, food was fab.
Try the Costa Daurada Sol right next to Costa Caribe and Port Aventura. Spotlessly clean very pleasant staff, an excellent alternative at less cost.
TO be Honest any hotel will be fine. Dont see why you have to be on its door.
As there is Bus Stops all over the place and costs only about 2 Euros each and its about a 3 minute ride.
Like someone else said Costa Daurada is one of the Closest and its a 4 Star.
But what the Paso one. You'd fall over into it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.