Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Unfortunately there are no guarantees for Xmas weather anywhere in Spain. I have spent 12 of the last 13 winters in Costa del Sol and, being the anorak that I am, I have checked the weather regularly in various parts of Spain via my PC. On average Costa del Sol is best closely followed by Costa Blanca.
Spent Xmas on Costa del Sol and have been on the beach on Christmas Day - next year been indoors with the fire on trying to keep warm. Like Brodev says there is no guarantee of sunshine in winter. C del Sol is our main home but now leave there to spend our winter somewhere warmer.
We got into Fuengirola on Dec. 16th last year and it was raining. It stopped on Christmas Eve and we had glorious weather until we left on Jan. 26th. And we are doing it again this year, as we have for the past six.
As much as I love the Costa del Sol, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of looking at Benidorm.
I've been for the last 6 Christmas/New year period and the weather was better than the Costa del sol and better than the Canary Islands.
We had 2 hours of rain during the 2 weeks and I missed that by having a siesta.
The best thing about Benidorm is that it's diverse and you have so much choice, the other good thing is that it is a 12 month resort and is very busy during Navidad.

I've been sunbathing on the beach on Xmas day and walking in the sea on New Years day, but when the sun goes down, the temperature drops rapidly and you need a coat at night....you notice it more if it has been a lovely day.

Everyone assumes that because the CDS is further south, that it will be warmer.....not so, Benidorm is protected by 3 mountain ranges that form a horse shoe around the resort and it has the added bonus of facing south.

I've made several videos during my visits at this time of the year, which can be found in the Costa Blanca video library.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Edit:Typo error
  • Edited by Sanji 2008-08-17 20:26:41
Definitely more to do in Benidorm than Costa del Sol - we found Christmas quite quiet when we stayed at home on CDS. Have been to Benidorm for holidays and there was much more choice of things to do in the evening.
Quite a few of the social clubs on CDS organise Christmas and New Year holidays to Benidorm which fill up very quickly with repeat customers.
thanks all for your replys hopefully i will get something booked :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.