General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Egypt is perfect during April . We go every Easter . Hot & sunny with temps around 30-35 % but it's not a sweaty heat . Dry but very comfortable. I wouldnt want to go any later into the summer than April/may though . They dont get rain .You could get a little cloud but thats rare as well. Sun is up very early and people are generally up and around from 6am snorkeling and even sunbathing . You loose the sun 4.30 -5pm and dark around 6.30.

lyn
We're going to Egypt in April for the first time next year. I would imagine that any of the Canaries would have resonable weather at that time of year as well.
We're off to tenerife in april and am hoping and praying for nice weather, have been there before at that time and its always been lovely , around 22 to 24 degrees .
I went to Lanzarote in April a couple of years ago and Tenerife in April about 6 yrs ago. Had lovely weather in both apart from one day in Tenerife where we had a couple of heavy rain showers. Definitely sunbathing weather. Gran Canaria usually has the highest temps.

I would imagine that you are almost certain to get hot weather in Eygpt.
We went to Gran Canaria in October for half term week and it was fantastic - I loved it.

BUT It was my very first holiday - this one in April will be our very last :( I don't know whether to go back to the same place (we all want to) or whether we really should go somewhere else????
The Canary Islands are always nice in April ( in our experience). Gran Canaria is usually the hottest. Lanzarote does experience the odd rain shower..(or major storm!)

Egypt is also good..it is hot but not unbearable. In June or July, it is so hot and humid and this can lead to an increased chance of pharoahs revenge.

As for either staying in the same place or trying a new destination..well it depends on what type of person you are and what you are looking for in a holiday. I think the world is a big place and I have onlys seen a tiny fraction of it..so I do like to explore..however, there are some plces we love and keep returning over and over to becuase of the diving ( Malta/Gozo and Egypt).
Thank you :)
Well, my kids loved where we went - there was a water park as part of the hotel and plenty for them to do :)
I would be more than happy to go back but just wonder if I am stupid and should try another plave just because I should lol!!

Thing is I can't procrastinate for too long as holidays are getting booked up no for Easter holidays.

Oh we are going for 14 nights this time as we went for 7 nights before as I was sure I just wouldn't enjoy myself - but I LOVED it and have a severe case of holiday blues now!! :(
In Gran Can, you could always try Taurito Princess.it is in Playa Taurito in between Mogan and Puerto Rico..and I love the place, we always stay there..they provide free buses every day so you can leave the resort..
There is a massive water park at Maspalomas too..
Hi - it was the Lago Taurito we stayed at so just opposite the one you mention. We went to the waterpark too as at the time the one on site was under refurbishment.

Oooh decisions decisions!! Still no closer lol :)
BUT It was my very first holiday - this one in April will be our very last

If this really is going to be your last holiday, then why not try a different country?? :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.