General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Cyprus. (I think the Greek bit is counted as Eurozone, though I'm sure someone will put me wise if I'm wrong!)
I'd suggest Algarve, Southern Italy or Greece including the islands. Check the average temperatures for these places, I've an idea that Greece especially the islands might be the warmest.
Dont forget the new max quantity recommended by our illustrious customs dept is now only 800 per person [not 3200 as was last year]
Brian we were allowed 3200 back from Malta. There were big signs up everywhere in the airport.
Wizard is right , the recommended quantity from October 1st 2011 was reduced from 3200 to 800. However there is no restriction to how many you bring back even more than 3200 if you want , what is important is that you have paid the tax/ duty in the EU country where you bought them and that they are solely for your personal use or a gift for which you will receive no payment , and they would check how often you are travelling in and out the UK to be sure that they were for your personal use , for instance a 20 a day smoker would take 5 months to get through 3200 . There are details on hmrc.gov.uk

Btw I would recommend Cyprus , we had a week out there in November a couple of years ago and it was really warm , was able to sit out at night to eat
I reckon Cyprus, Southern Greece or maybe Malta, but dont think any of them will be as cheap as Spain to get to as they are an extra hour in the air. So it could be the inevitable compromise.
i see both Greece and Cyprus recommended, just a couple of comments

1] Cyprus will be considerably more expensive than Greece

2] the warmest place in Greece would normally be Rhodos [Rhodes]

Malta is also fairly warm being just off the north African coast

wizard
You can get reasonable flights to Malta if you book earlier enough. I got ours for £224 for 2 return but booked when easyjet first came out - they are about £450 now.
How about south Turkey? Not Eurozone but they love Euros there.
Most places price stuff in Euros and give better prices than for Lira.
I've had great weather in Fethiye in October.
Not guaranteed but nowhere in Europe is.
Even Canaries can be freezing.
Sorry - just noticed cigs requirement - so outside real "Europe" maybe nogo.
Personally as 7yr ex-40aday-guy, reckon that sunshine, alcohol, and sights offset cigs need.
thanks for the replies
will start checking temperatures on wunderground
regards tracey
The southerly Greek Islands would be a good choice, somewhere like Crete. I have been there in October and it was lovely weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.