Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Anything up to 2 and half hours depending on how many drops there are in Mamaris there is also a stop off at a cafe /shop halfway , hope this helps .
If you can afford it go by taxi or get a private transfer. It will get you there in an hour. marmaris-transfers.com are advertising it on their web site for 40 pounds for 2 people each way. We have used them often and they are reliable. I'm not sure what the taxis are, probably a little more but you could haggle. There are always plenty by the arrival door. I can't understand why the transfer buses always have to stop for a break on such a short journey.
yea it does seem quite stupid i would think everyone would much rather just get settled at there hotels/apartments! I could pay the private transfer but it would just annoy me i that i already paid for transfers with my package but i am travelling with a 3 year old so maybe its worth paying it after him bein on that 4 and a half hour flight eh!

i'll have a look if its any extra cost for a child in aswell

Thankyou
A friend of mine used them a couple of weeks ago it was her and 2 kids and because they agreed to go in a car rather than a mini bus he charged them the price for 2 people. He always answers emails promptly and speaks/writes good English.
I suspect they stop off at cafes to give them business, perhaps there is some financial incentive too but I don't know that. There are quite a few cafes that have opened up about half way between Dalaman and Marmaris. One taxi driver wanted to stop for a coffee - turns out it was his cousins place!
Have a great holiday.
Well I think its a good thing to do, Firstly for those who want the Toilet and those who choose to smoke have the option, And the driver (note these guys work very hard some of them over 14 hours a day and dont get paid much) and the rep get their refreshments free of charge every time they stop, Have a look when your waiting in line to be served whether they pay or not.
i think where going to deffo book it going as i just want to get to my apartment and if i have money left over i will do it coming back! i land in dalaman at quarter past 3 in the afternoon and would like to be back to get some tea and put the little un to bed at a decent time after the long day!!
I'd never do the tour operators' transfers again - I reckon paying for a private transfer is worth every penny. I just want to get to my resort ASAP - I don't want to have to wait around for people to go to the toilet, or worse still, stop for a fag! Give me a nice, speedy private transfer any day, thank you very much.
i did thomas cook 2 weeks ago and i will never transfer withthem again . we were out of the airport at 2 am, but didnt arrive at our appartment untill 5 30am and there were still others on the bus, we had a 5 yr old with us but it didnt bother her at all she slept the whole way. so when we arrived she was ready to swim me and my hubby were by this time pulling our hair out an shattered.
It takes an hour to get to Marmaris without a stop, so if everyone went to the loo while waiting for their bags there would be no need to stop for that. The bus drivers do work hard but they get time to rest at the airport between drop offs and pick ups. They have a little cafe by the terminal. Of course the reps don't pay for their drinks but I do wonder if there is more than that in it for them. I can understand feeling a bit annoyed to pay for a transfer after booking a package tour but with a little one in tow it will make it much less fraught. Don't forget to find the rep though and tell him/her what you are doing! It could hold every one else up while they look for you. There are several companies doing private transfers so I suggest googling them to compare charges but 40 pounds seems the norm.
Hence the reason why it takes so long to get to your Hotel, It's because the reps are waiting and looking for people who go on the Private transfers!
ok im definatley bookin private transfers now!! Seems like its gonna save me a lot of stress and hassle! thanks every-one for your advice. While im on the subject of marmaris/icemeler, any1 know anythin bout the markets, days times and what they sell?
The market in icmeler is on a wednesday and sells all sorts clothing , food avoid the guys walking about selling tobbacco its fake but the market is well worth a visit .
Icmeler's market is on a Wednesday, open most of the day and sells almost everything! You want your genuine designer fakes - you'll find them here! :D
We have done private transfers last couple of times now,to do it in 1 hour would be driving quite fast!!usually takes about 1hr 15min,but well worth paying the extra than the coach transfers,the ones we have used have DVD on board and free bottles of water. :tongue
thanks for ur advice me and my OH have deffo decided to book private transfers. Crispy who did you travel with? wouldnt mind a dvd player n sum nice cold water haha!
I've always done my transfers with Icmeler Online - most of their vehicles have DVD players and all do the complementary water on board.
I usually book mine when I book my holiday - but I'm pretty sure they will accept fairly last minute bookings as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.