Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
A good read Stewart - glad you enjoyed it! :)
Stewart,

Fabulous report and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The good lady and I are regulars to Marmaris but always pick a night for a meal in Icmeler. Done the Love Boat and thought it was great. I'm interested in the restaurant you mention, Ozzies. Could you give me idiot proof directions if I was coming to Icmeler from Marmaris by dolmus.

Wilson ;)
can i ask,what apartments,you stayed at please?
we are having our 1st holiday,to icmeler next year,and so far,unsure where to stay & are looking for recommendations.
enjoyed reading your post,
tracy
So glad to hear that you and your wife had a great holiday - you deserved to enjoy it after all the problems with Freedom Direct! We're off to Marmaris in 5 weeks time and will definitely spend a few nights in Icmeler, it is such a lovely place! Think we will try Ozzys since you gave it such a great review. And you arrived back to sunshine too - how good is that!
very informative post and nice to have such depth to reveiw
many thanks
This is one of the resorts we are thinking of for later this year, so this was a great read thank you!

But definitely interested in the apartments that you stayed in etc

:tup
Much appreciated

We're off to Icmeler next wednesday so I'll take a copy of your review.

Dave :sun2
That is a very good write up, I've never tried Turkey before but my parents want us to try Altinkum next year, is it any good.
Great report just what we wanted to here we go on the 12 june staying at the Tokmak .We also go to the Champion bar nice to see that Rose is still there. Where were you staying.
Cheers
We stayed at the CASTLE apartment in the old village, the perfect location.Its only about 5 minutes away from Tokmak

Rosie in the Champion bar is an utter delight, you could not meet a nicer more genuine person. If you are on a budget the prices in there are also amongst the cheapest in the resort

Stewart
Champions is our favourite place in Icmeler.
Rosie is a great girl,as are the lovely family who own it..
What a shame about the council making them put up the prices.
Jay trip

The council cant enforce prices on any business here- I rather suspect its the other bar owners leaning on them to raise the prices.
Great post Stewart. Really enjoyed it. :tup

Doe :wave
quality feedback, cant wait to go we fly out on Sunday...

:sun2
quality feedback, cant wait to go we fly out on Sunday...

Line us one up on the bar for wednesday - Efes for me and Diet coke for OH :cheers :tongue

Dave
I read that Champions have been made to sell Efes for 4TL the same as other bars,but they only charge 3TL to customers when inside.Champions are opposite Hob Goblin and Buffaloes bars ,both sell draught Efes at cheap prices.I wonder if they have been made to raise their prices. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.