Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks for your trip report.
Next time try and get an Lpg/Petrol car, Saves a load on the pocket and get's you a whole lot of Efe's or whatever you like.
What's it like to now have the great Icmeler bug?
Great post - and I'm not surprised you loved Icmeler. Everyone I know who's been there feels the same way - there's something about the place which is truly addictive! And as you say, it's the friendliness and genuine welcome you get from the people which really make your holiday.
Very interesting Dave, i go 2 weeks today and am looking forward to it.
I have heard Ozzy's is very good too.

:cheers Julian
Can certainly tell from your post how much you enjoyed this holiday.
We're off to Marmaris today but will be spending a few evenings in Icmeler where we have stayed previously, and loved. Definitely going to try Ozzys as a good few people have given it a mention in their posts.
You will probably have your next visit to Icmeler booked before too long I guess:)
Enjoyed the post and I am glad there are more Icmeler converts.
Marg
Great post lots of useful info on there which will hopewfully help others. I stayed at the Castle apartments which are next door to the Sarugul and our transfer driver did not have aclue where they were, luckily I helped him. Years ago I stayed at the Sarigul at my OH took seriuosly ill at night.even the ambulance took forever to get there as they did not know where it was

Stewart
What are the Castle like inside - outwardly there seemed more going on there than at the Sarigul!!

Dave

PS Stewart - I showed Ozzy my copy of your report and he asked if he could have it!!
great review dave as sai by rwb next time hire a car with gas conversion or diesel or go for a modern car that has better fuel consumpion
i hired a car from istanbul that was unleaded it was great on fuel hyundi i30 :sun2
I forgot to say, Stewart.

Apparently the week before we arrived someone else was taken ill and rushed to hospital. She was still in hospital when we were there and a friend had flown out so that she had someone with her that she knew, but Reg was still going to visit her in hospital everyday. These are the sorts of attention to detail and service that you just don't get anywhere else.

Dave
Good report tutor 52 - we have booked our holiday for the first time thru, the internet and for our transfer at Dalaman airport we have to look for the MEDSKY TRAVEL / RESORTHOPPA desk is this the same as what you had to look out for and if so is it quite easy to find.
gps

as you go out of the airport there is a pathway which leads straight out to where there will be the transfer coaches parked.

Just as you approach the coaches, there will be a supervisor who will point you in the direction of your coach.

Dave
Dave

I preferrd the Castle to the Sarigul apartments. They are slightly larger with about 22 rooms as opposed to 9 or so in the Sarigul. The balconies on the front rooms of the Sarigul are fabulous though. The Castle does have 2 swimming pools both of which are slightly larger than the Sariguls. Oscar the owner of the Castle is brilliant and the food there is also very very good and well priced.

I do like the location of both apartments, lovely views and peaceful. I have booked my flights to go back to Turkey for next year and will probably book the Castle again. Oscar has many people who go back year after year

Stewart
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.