Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
HT Carvery Meets
16 Posts
Shame it's finished(ish), had some good banter around the tables, will be around somewhere come March.
absolutely Spike :( during the early years right up to about 2 yrs ago it was brilliant most weeks...but hopefully we will all catch up somewhere or another, if not Bending Bamboos on a Monday :que
Chilly
Such a shame it's finished. Thanks to everyone who made it fun over the years. Also thanks for introducing me to some great friends. :cheers :cheers
To Chilly and all the other stalwarts who made sure there was always someone else to greet HT members- thank you so much. I know there have been many friendships formed due to them. If only I had been able to holiday in Goa when they were running.
Facebook has been the death of here I think. It's a huge shame but obviously it provides something that a forum can't, or hasn't up till now. I haven't been on here for weeks( no-0ne would have been able to understand any of my posts if I had come on :rofl ) But it is a bit of a shock to see so few new threads here and also no new hotel reviews. A few years back you needed someone on reviews for hours every day. Very sad.
Not sure if I will be coming to Goa in April now( but getting a bit more hopeful!) but I will be at Bending Bamboo if we make it.. We went there almost every night at some point anyway!
When i first went to Goa in 2008, this site taught me loads, full of useful info with everyone pleased to answer your every question. i still log in every so often but admit times have moved on and use facebook now.
i will be in Bending Bamboo on 17th March, see you all then!
Hi all, its been a long time ;) but just to say that there are now going to be new meets at the sandpiper in candolim beach road... they are being organised at the moment and i will update as and when about when they will start for anyone who is interested :tup
Great stuff ! Don't know the sandpiper, must be a new place ?
I too don't know the sandpiper, thought I knew all in beach rd.
Down the bottom, by taxi rank, upstairs
Not Teamas, the other side of the road and further down by the car park, the first floor restaurant has been taken on by Scott and his Goan wife who I believe have run a couple of other places in the Calangute area like Maggie's for a short time

From what I have been told the first meet will be on Thursday 27 November from 7.30 Chilly time also understand Clif is hoping to do his quiz on a Friday evenings at the old carvery
OK thanks. not there for another 8 weeks though
Liz and I will definitely be at the meet ups, not sure about the 27th though as that is the day we arrive. We will probably be at the quiz night on the Friday. Will be out there for 3 months this time.
Quick up date.. starting this Thursday 22 Jan the meets are been been moved back to the old Carvery site now called Top Table

Top Table is run by Raj who used to be at Cinderella's down the lane from Bobs Inn and the food I have had there in the last month has been very good and inexpensive however the main reason for moving is for more space as there was a very good turn out last week making it difficult to get seats

The meets are a mixer of internet forums like HT as before plus a couple of Goa focused Facebook groups as this gives Chilly back up in looking after the meets as she now has Ron Leek and Mike R to help out

It is still mainly the same faces as before plus some new interesting Goa lovers to chat with and it is a really friendly get together so please come a long on any Thurs evening from 7.30 until early April, you will be made very welcome :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.