Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
The Hilton brewing company was one of my favourites when we went :D
The weather was good then? Did you see any rain?
rain - didn't see any until we were being picked up from hotel for our transfer to Bangkok airport and the heavens opened.
That was lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was wall to wall sunshine every day :D
with any luck you will see some sun here to- supposedly we are about to get our summer :D
The Maharaja Indian was our favourite restaurant in Hua-Hin last year. It was our first time in Thailand.
We are on our way to Samui, Phuket and Bangkok in 2 weeks 6 days. Can't wait.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Anantara. I did when I first went 4 years ago, it was fab, especially the nighttime BBQ's! I revisited in November for a visit and it felt like it was fraying round the edges - also there were some audible mutterings about overly pushy tour guides employed by the hotel!

Did you feel it still had the same magic?
Probably changed a bit since it was the Royal Garden Village when I last visited :lol: Mind you thats the company that still owns it despite all the name changes over the years.
Hi Shirley thanks for your post. Would you kindly write your review for this hotel by Clicking Here as this will assist future visitors.

Many thanks
I visited the same hotel 3 years ago, and in my opinion it is still fantastic, no pushy tour guides or anything , just smily, helpful staff.
The only negative is I think it is very expensive for eating and drinking, loved every minute and would go back again.
The Maharaja Indian was our favourite restaurant in Hua-Hin last year.

I don't mean to sound rude, but your favourite restaurant while in Thailand was an Indian?????
no Wayne , my favourite restaurant in Hua Hin was an Indian, my favourite restaurant in Thailand is a Thai restaurant in Bophut Ko Samui.

However my favourite restaurant in england is definately an Indian :)
Oh I see :) Which restaurant are you referring to in Bophut? Its a lovely place, its got more of a holiday resort feeling than some other places on KS.
The restaurant in Bophut is Happy Elephant - I love it
Can't place the Happy Elephant. Where is it in relation to Starfish and Coffee? BTW, the quote about the Indian restaurant was from debs81. :)
sorry didn't notice the quote was from debs, she has got great taste :D
the happy elephant is on the same side of the road as starfish not too far away.
Shirley
As we agree on the Maharajah, we will look at trying your recommendation of the happy elephant when we visit Samui in 17 days!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.