Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just back from holiday (not Turkey!) and so sorry to read of your troubles, Karen. With a bit of luck, they may have trouble finding 3 seats on a flight, with it being August, which will give you some extra recovery time. Mary
I don't think I would have too much confidence in this hospital if they are willing to provide a fit to travel cert and yet they say there is a high chance it will flare up again. Hopefully your insurance will take that into account and cover flights for when you feel happier. Nothing is easy is it? :que I do feel really sorry for him and for you
no he didnt refuse the operation, i told him if dr said he had to have it he did as he wouldnt be covered on insurance.

not heard from insurance so far and im not chasing them up as the longer he stays here to recover the better.

it was the english nurse thats based in the tourist information that told him theres a high chance of it to flare up again one 1 day as grumbling appendix i thought that was an odd thing to say to him as we were leaving.

we didnt have a smooth exit from hospital either security wouldnt let him leave without paying £50 access that we had already paid to the call out dr and insurance confirmed this grr, but hospital refused to accept this, so we have ended up paying it twice, i did ring insurance whilst there and they told us they would sort it out when we got home. the prescription they gave him we couldnt get, all chemists bar 1 were closed on suns :que :duh , so they rang the hospital to see if they could give him something simliar to be told they couldnt find any trace of my hubby being a patient there grr , even though we had left the hospital 15 mins earlier and he had been in there 5 days lol, eventually after several calls and 2 hrs later we got a substitute

i need another hol to get over this 1 :rofl
Oh dear Karen it all sounds awful and such a lot of stress. Hopefully the next few days will see him pick up enough to be fit to fly at the end of the week.
Well Ellie when you first posted i didnt say anything about what happened to us there coz i didnt want to stress you out , they also charged us £65 admin fee coz my wife wouldnt stay in another night , the doctor had discharged her but Admin had not had a garantee from the insurance of payment , the admin wanted to keep our passports we refused we told them we have 3 days of our hol left and had no intention of flying off home before then ,the next day i phoned our insurance from our apartments they said they had sent a garantee of payment to the hospital .
We retured to the hospital that day and they were all over us i asked for my £65 back but didnt get it and the guy on reception accused me of trying to leave the day before without paying it IMO the admin here are to quick to want payment at a very stresfull time , i hope your hubby recovers well Ellie .
We experinced a side of Turkey we didnt like, the apartment manager was as upset as us and came back to the hospital with us to give us support he restored our faith in the Turks .
i would like to thank everyone for their good wishes and advice on this thread and pm's received, oz is feeling a bit better today so hopefully will gain strength each day, we are going to sit on the beach with him sitting in the shade, might as well take advantage of a few extra days now

the hospital reception staff werent very friendly infact half the nurses didnt smile either, hubby said drs werent very nice either, certainly not the usual kind helpful turks you meet
just spoken to insurance, i have to say so far they have been brilliant and once im back in the uk and got all expenses sorted i will write them a thank you letter. they asked me which day i wanted to fly back this week which i thought was very good so we are on fri evening flight, very pleased about this as expected to be plonked on any old flight :tup

hubby looking a lot better he even managed a little dip in the sea and just sitting outside has given him a bit of colour
So Pleased to hear that Karen. These things are stressful enough without having to battle with an insurance company at the same time so good to hear too that they have given you an excellent service and taken some of the pressure off of you and Oz.

Sounds like he is on the mend now :kiss

lyn
Good to hear more positive news about your hubby and hope his appendix has settled down now. As a matter of interest, who are your Insurers, as I am due to renew mine in the next few weeks and it's good to hear of a company giving a good service in an emergency.
Here's hoping the next few days will see a further improvement, enjoy the sunshine and lovely Turkish climate before you return to the typical British summer weather!!
Glad to hear hubby is on the mend, hopefully you'll be home soon and get him sorted here.

Re Insurance you could say that you are going to recommend them here at HT :tup
Good to hear that you are flying home and your hubby is on the mend, i hope you all have a stress free few days left of your hols & that you have an uneventful journey home, fingers crossed all goes well for you and your family :tup
Just thinking the same Glynis
A good insurance company is not the one with the best price, its the one who came up trumps when you most need them.
Feel free to name them Ellie
Great news Ellies have a nice few days and a good flight home all the best to you both :wave:
Onwards and upwards Ellie ,things seem to be on the mend ,Regards to you both. :wave:

Bluepeterno1
hi

thanks for all your kind words its so nice to have these comments when you are having problems like this

the insurance co is fortis insurance ltd and it was free with our mortgage so that makes it even better lol, im happy to recommend them so far but i do need to make a claim once im back for various things ive paid out, so lets hope that goes as smoothly, all the phone calls ive made to them have been dealt with by friendly advisors and they have told me i will get all these mobile call charges back too, the access was £50, they have also arranged transfers back to dalaman airport and they booked me a transfer from akyaka to marmaris, so we could be near the hospital and offered to book me into a hotel but we decided to stay at my mothers instead

ive just received an email from them, they have booked us on the easy jet flights we were booked with so im happy as i can have the full luggage allowance and the flight time isnt too bad, they have asked for wheel chair assistance, she said if we dont need it which we wont ,we might get help with our luggage and we should get to board plane first so we can sit together.

he did have a semi normal dinner last night, soup, grilled chicken, rice and boiled pots and had a bit of tummy trouble again grr, so hes going to be very careful what he eats today, hes still got a bit of pain, so fingers and toes crossed it doesnt come back :yikes
My mum slipped on a wet floor in a bar, last October in Side got concussion and had a cuton her head near the eye. She had 15 stitches and 24 hours in hospital.

Our insurers were also Fortis, she submitted her claim and got a cheque back within 4 days. Can't fault them.
Poor you Ellie Meg what a horrid situation to be in.

But by the sound of it from our members, this hospital sounds very good. If the insurance are paying it is just like going private.

Keep us all updated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.