Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ellie_meg what a nightmare for you all. I dont know anything about the hospital, just wanting to wish you good luck, hope he feels well soon
ellie_meg,

I'm sorry to hear of your husbands health problems, I hope he makes a speedy recovery. A friend was taken to the same hospital with severe dehydration a couple of years ago while we were staying in Icmeler. She said the hospital was excellent and the care was as good as you'd expect to have in the UK. They arranged everything with the insurance company so she didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm sure if they've suggested he needs an operation it's needed and wouldn't be suggesting it for the extra expense. I'm only an appointed first aider, but I know operations are only considered when they are absolutely necassary.

Darren
Here's their website:-

http://www.ahuhetman.com/en/home.php

I hope your husband is better soon. Give him our love and thoughts. (And to you Ellie)
I don't know some people will do anything to get out of coming home ;)

Only kidding Ellie - I have not been in this hospital but in my experience they would only suggest an op if they felt your hubby needed it.

Hope he is feeling better soon and you all get back to the UK soon.

G
Hope you get things sorted Ellie.

Thinking of you. :kiss
Kath x
I was in there a couple of years ago for a viral infection they worked miracles with me, just a little jab and i was fine the next day.

My mum was in there last september with pneumonia, she is also diabetic, she was not given any insulin for week and was put on a special diet and had not problems with that, they took xrays etc on her lungs for herr pneumonia. they kept her in for a week partly as they wanted to make sure the insurance paid up but also to make sure she was fit to fly back, i would highly recommend this hospital
Sorry to hear of your situation. is it the Ahu Hetman hosptal he is in. My missus took really bad pnemonia a few years ago and was rushed there. Was in for 6 days and she said the hosptal was fine. Very clean food was OK visting was at any time and she received good traetment if a littl expensive. I assume that you will have insurance to cover this

stewart
thanks for all your replies its put my mind at rest a bit. yes the insurance are taking care of the payments. they have got him on 24 hour observation to decide whether to operate or not, so will know in the morning. ive just been there to see him and hes in a lot of pain on his right side lower stomach, hes got a constant fluid drip and occasional anti biotic drip and tabs to stop the runs :yikes . i have been told if he has an op then we might not be able to fly for 2 wks, hope this isnt the case :que ,got someone looking after our dog too
So sorry to hear what has happend I hope all is well soon and you both can get back home Jacqui
Hi I just wanted to say I hope he is better soon too! At least he is in the best place and they are looking after him and im sure your dog will be fine too.

Redcrop x
Ellie-Meg
My neice was treated in this hospital last week, nothing as serious as your husband though, needed stitches in her head after a fall in the hotel. We found the hospital to be excellent and more efficient than our local hospital here. Everything was really clean and they took good care of her, even washing her hair to remove the blood afterwards and drying it with a hairdrier!!
Whilst there, I spoke to an English couple whose daughter lived in Marmaris and they said the hospital was first class.
Hope this reassures you in some way, best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery and to you for having everything to deal with. Take Care.
No problems ellie..the ahu has a great reputation.... a customer of mine last year had her appendix removed and all was brilliant...even the scar was good...and she was a nurse! good luck to hubby, although I think i might have the same symtoms so might see you in there!
ellie_meg, sorry about your problems.i am sure everything will soon be put right.all the very best to you both.
percy123.
Ellie-meg, just want to wish you and hubby all the best. From all the posts here, it sounds as though he's in the right place for his recovery. If he has the op I'm sure it'll be for the best. Take care!
Ellie-Meg,I'd like to send my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your husband,T.
I know several people who ended up in a turkish hospital in the last few weeks (all in the Antalya region though). 1 had her appendix out, and the care she got was excellent. Hope he is alright.
Dear Ellie,

Sorry to hear of your situation and I too send my best wishes to you and your husband for a speedy recovery. Geçmiş olsun..as they say in Turkish..

warm wishes from Cirali :wave:
We was in Marmaris 2 years ago n a friend was rushed into this hospital where he was treat very well i wouldnt worry too much but im sure you are, hope he has a speedy recovery and you all get home soon take care xx
thanks for all your kind words. ive just been in to see him this morning, hes in a great deal of pain still and still cant keep any food or liquids inside of him grr. hes on a fluid drip 24/7 and some anti biotics throughout the day,they are givin him some tabs too, hes got bad headaches . there arent telling him very much just that they are observing him and he might be out tomorrow which they have said everyday lol, theres no way they are going to let him out with severe stomach problems so not sure why they keep telling him this, unless trying to keep his spirits up . the infection he picked up was probably from food or drink and has spread to his appendix , thats all we know and that was from the insurance company. you do feel very isolated when something like this happens abroad, im lucky to have my mother here, so im staying with her for now.

do they do key hole surgery for removal of appendix and how long do they usually stay in hospital, its the not knowing when we will be home thats awful
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.