Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
It's quicker now that you don't have to travel in convoy - by coach would say around 3 hrs e/w a fair average - - you are well placed in Hurghada I think to avoid too many subsequent pick-ups but depends on what you are following across the desert and the state of traffic around your first port of call in Luxor. Apart from the last hour or so it is unfortunately a pretty boring drive across - take some drinks (sweets) and a travel pillow is a good idea
Thank you - 3 hours isn't too bad I suppose :) , when we were in Sharm in Jan, we went to St Catherines monaster, and was told by the rep that it would take about 2 hours, but she omitted to tell us that there was about an hour and half of pick ups from other hotels - it was so misleading and very annoying :rage
Hi,
We went to Luxor from Hurghada and took us about 3-4 hours with only a few pick ups along the way. We stopped twice on the way there, the first was at some sort of motel??? We were there for some people to join our coach from another one. Whilst there went to the toilet :yikes not pleasant.

We then stopped off at another about an hour later and this was better with lots of stalls a cafe and almost clean toilets. We went in August and to be honest it was far too hot to really enjoy it although it was amazing, wonder we didn't melt in the valley of the kings!!, will go again but in a less hot time of year.

Did all the sights and had a good meal. It was interesting to watch out the window and see the Egyptian way of life, especially along the nile, although it did make me sad to see how poor they are. I think it is better to go by coach than air as you get to see more of Egypt. Stopped off at same places on the way back.

Take your hotel pillow if you can and breakfast boxes for the journey.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.