Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi AgentQ

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent holiday in Ag Gordois - it is a lovely resort.

I would like to report that the prices that you found are not at all typical and in many cases very expensive. We are in Roda and I know that the bar & Restaurant owners are trying very hard not to increase prices here.

Most beers are around 2.50 eros and we even have the local Corfiot beer at just 2 euros. Cocktails remain at around 4 euros. English breeakfasts are available in the village from 2,70 up to 4,50 for a generous and well cooked/presented breakfast.

As for meals - I would expect at least 2 courses with drinks for around 50 euros - we ate out the other night and had starters and main courses (which were large portions), drinks and the bill was just 25 euros for us both.

If people would like to know about Roda then please have a look for Roda Online.

I do hope that you will make it back to Greece soon and that your husband is not out of work for long.

Steevw
We visit Aghios Stephanos (North East) twice a year. This year the first thing we did after picking up our hire car at Corfu Airport was go to Lidl - well worth it.

We picked up a 500ml beer for a euro and a 1.5-litre bottle of retsina and another of rose for 1.99 euro each! I appreciate not everyone likes retsina, but the rose was not disimilar to stuff you'd buy in a supermarket at home.

Meat was also very good quality and cheap.

For a family of four adults and one child we were regularly paying 80-90 euros for a meal, although Ag stef is notoriously expensive. However we could manage to eat out for 50-60 euros just a couple of years ago.

For the first holiday ever we made a concious effort not to go to restaurants for lunch.
Hi,
Am going to St George South at the end of August, and have already made a conscious decision to not eat out so much at lunchtime for the 2 weeks we are there.According to reports the prices of meals and drinks are a lot lower than in Aghios Stephanos North.We will also probably eat out every other night.

I think a lot of people are doing the same,although it doesn't help the proprietors much!

To enjoy the 2 weeks, we have to cut corners somewhere and eating on the balcony with fresh bread and a healthy salad is going to do me ok!!

Roll on 28th August!! :)

Susie.m
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.