Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: I'm back.
29 Posts
like most on here i see the changes in Goa every time i revisit, i find Baga not to my taste hassle, dirty, and yes lots of hassle, in candolim i find the people know you wave say hi and even the sellers take a polite no for a answer. the anklets are also cheaper my daughters bought 15 for 100 rupees in november and do so most trips next time you go i will lend you a daughter she will get you a bargain. lol.
Hello, i really do not know what else to write.
I told you my trip report would be boring :rofl

I think its because it was my 6th time, we didnt do trips, just lazed at the beach all day.

but if you have any questions then let me know.

I was meaning to add something else, but i have totally forgot :think
Your brain is still on Goa time Nicola thats why you've forgot what you were gonna say :rofl
:rofl Nicola I thought all night about the lady who would not take no for an answer we all meet her kind one time in anjuna market i had this young lad follow me with a chess set it must have went on for almost an hour..in the end I lost it and shouted will you F off what part of NO do you not understand will you leave me alone and I burst in to tears :cry ......i was so shocked some local lads pulled him away by the scruff of the neck .........i love kids but he just went over the top ..so i for one know how you felt with the women who would not take no for an answer .
folks its not my nature to shout at anyone if i even thought i hurt your feeling i would not sleep a wink all night but this young man just would not go away and leave me alone :rage :rage ............colleen
nicola if you remember things about your time in goa will you add them to here i love reading reports
Its strange they always take no for an answer from me. I'm not a big lad ether. I think its they way you have to say it.

I think women get hassled more.

One time in Arambol my friend was nagged for the best part of an hour (at his sun bed) because he dared to buy from another seller. Ok we did make matters worse for him by fanning the flames. It was quite amusing.
Hi Nicola

I know you said that Squeeze had gone down hill and you moved on to other shacks, but did you get chance to say hello :wave: to the boys there from me?

Donna
X
Hi Donna, we went to squeeze on our first full day, only popped in for a drink, was going to get breakfast there but found the staff werent as interested this year, so we moved on further down the beach and found a better shack.

Sorry, i totally forgot to tell them, i remember on our final day, but it was too late :(
To conclude, i have had a really long think about giving Goa my hard earned money in future trips, and i have decided i WILL NOT be going back to Goa.

For me i feel its changed so much, the stall holders/beach sellers, taxi drivers talked to you and were interested in what you had to say, but now they just listen so they can get a sale.

Taxi drivers are charging stupid prices, the place is over run with Russians, last year when we were on a beach further north a couple had a dog with them, it was their own dog because it was on a lead, and they just let it pop my sons football.

The football was the only form of entertainment for my son that day, as we were at ashvem beach, and he was only 3 years old.

Didnt get an apology or anything!

This year some russians decided to use our hotel swimming pool, even though they werent guests, and started playing with my sons arm bands and water ring, sitting on the water ring OUTSIDE of the swimming pool, it could have easily ripped!

Then when my son asked for it back they just chucked it in the swimming pool.

Im sure you get these types of people all over the world, but Goa isnt the same anymore.

There are a few words i can use when i think of Goa, a couple are:

Corruption and Greed.

My love affair with Goa has ended.

My parents are going to Goa in a couple of weeks, they havent been for a few years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.