Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The Buffalo is great. Lovely food, karaoke, very cheap efes.
We were there 2 years ago and it was about 20tl for a 3 course meal.
Efes was a pound a pint.
The Red Lion.
Great food, great staff. Such a fun place.
The waterfall.
A little more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
The garden, aka jimmys place. Fab couple and a great restaurant.
You'll struggle to have a bad meal in Icmeler!
Visited Icmeler on a couple of occasions in 2011. Didn't have a particularly bad meal anywhere but the best 3 restaurants by some distance on both visits were Selam, Wayside and The Lighthouse (for steaks).
Join one of the Facebook groups for Icmeler such as Pauls Icmeler lovers or Icmeler Truths as there is lots of photos of meals being served there at the moment.
I have been going since 1992 and the places change every year.
All of the recommend places in the post 2 above are places I would avoid!
The post above restaurants are lovely.
Prices have gone up because of the lira being a good rate against the pound.
Beer is now 6-10tl and meals are about 27tl for chicken dishes and 35tl for steak dishes although prices are cheaper in the Turkish restaurants which we love.
Jay Trip wrote:
Join one of the Facebook groups for Icmeler such as Pauls Icmeler lovers or Icmeler Truths as there is lots of photos of meals being served there at the moment.
I have been going since 1992 and the places change every year.
All of the recommend places in the post 2 above are places I would avoid!
The post above restaurants are lovely.
Prices have gone up because of the lira being a good rate against the pound.
Beer is now 6-10tl and meals are about 27tl for chicken dishes and 35tl for steak dishes although prices are cheaper in the Turkish restaurants which we love.

So because YOU don't like them means they should be avoided?
Everyone's different, and everyone has their favourites!
Guess it depends if you prefer cheap or fun places or some where that you pay medium prices but get excellent service. We never had a bad meal in any of the above restaurants, and they were rammed full every night, unlike a lot of the restaurants!!!
Red Lion staff were superb, as was the food, The Garden's owner was on his way home when we arrived at 2.30am and went hunting for something to eat, and he said "wait here, I pick you up" and came back 2 minutes later and picked is all up (8 of us), and re-opened his restaurant!
Things change in 2 years and the Red Lion has the worst hassle in Icmeler and has been given awful reviews on another forum.
We like Alins over the road which was an oasis of calm compared the the Red Lion.
Things have changed this year as the major has stopped entertainment in places that serve food and people who have just come back say its very quiet.
I prefer the small Turkish places such as Kardelin and Nefes Pide so dont go to expensive places.
I advised the OP to join on Icmeler FB group for up to date information as places change every year.
Jay Trip wrote:
Things change in 2 years and the Red Lion has the worst hassle in Icmeler and has been given awful reviews on another forum.
We like Alins over the road which was an oasis of calm compared the the Red Lion.
Things have changed this year as the major has stopped entertainment in places that serve food and people who have just come back say its very quiet.
I prefer the small Turkish places such as Kardelin and Nefes Pide so dont go to expensive places.
I advised the OP to join on Icmeler FB group for up to date information as places change every year.

Yeah 2 years can make a huge difference.
When we went 2 years ago we were stopped by Al at The Red Lion asking if we fancied a meal that evening.
We were already booked as seeing old friends.
He didn't hassle us but we said we might pop in the following night.
And have to say am glad we did. We spent 6 of our 14 nights in there and had such fun with all the staff.
And that was on the back if having read awful reviews for the place.
Sadly Icmeler is a place we wouldn't return to now.
The changed that we saw 2 years ago had ruined the place.
Everywhere was so quiet and that's where the hassle comes into it, as the owners were desperate to get people into their establishments!
You only have to look on the forums for Icmeler now to see it's gone very quiet.
This time of year there would be 30 or 40 new posts a day.
There's barely 1 or 2 a day now :-/
Think one of the reasons this forum is so quiet is that people now tend to use facebook as opposed to the more traditional froums

Been back about a week now after my 2 weeks in Icmeler and although the first week was quiet it was certainly a lot busier in 2nd week.

Some restaurants particulary the middle priced restaurants were doing rather well, Sidiks, Holiday, and a couple of the more price concious reatuarants were also doing well, Wembley, Lovestar.

This time around both Buffalo and Red Lion were very quiet. I do agree with Jay Trip about the hassle at Red Lion which is why I do not go in there. Been a couple of times once it was OK the 2 nd time very poor
Red lion lost some of its best staff who made the place 2 years ago and unfortunately replacements not as good with the hospitality
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.