Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Just back from Barbados and a quick note to inform all that the increase has now been postponed until the 1st January 2007. So those departing Barbados on or before 31st December 2006 can spend the extra 30 dollar on some local rum instead :wink:

Mark :D
Mark

So does this mean then, that the flights I have booked for March include the departure tax? :?:

Sorry if I seem thick but the breakdown of the airfare Gatwick/BGI on Virgin does not indictate that an extra sum has been charged in the return flight price? :oops:

I know it isn't a lot but I'dl ike to know.

Hope you had a great time... 8)
Slight typo in my update...... the increase of departure tax will start as of the 1st February 2007.

If you're leaving the island before the 1st February you pay BD$ 25.00 cash. If you depart after the 1st February the price should be included in your ticket - if not you still have to pay the higher tax in cash on departure.

Best bet is to check with your tour operator.

Full trip report to follow later......... and yes we did have an excellent time.

Mark :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.