Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Phoned TC again today. They confirmed that our flight had been brought forward to early Monday (11.01.10) but may cancel that depending on sales to Sunday. They are a joke! Might have to cancel if they move us to Sunday as two of our party are supposed to be working and it may be a problem.
Ive never flown with an e ticket before and I know that you can check in online with qatar.

My question is if you check in online what time do you have to be at the airport for? does it still need to be x amount of hours before the flight departs.

Also what do you then do with your luggage do you still have to queue up to give in your cases?

Really sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid but it will be my first DIY trip so i want to be well informed ;)
MazD,

You need to be at the airport in time to clear security and be at the departure gate in good time to catch your flight. It's usual to be at the gate 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time so you need to allow enough time to ensure you're at the gate in time to catch the flight. There'll be a baggage drop off desk for the airline at the airport. You'll need to queue up (if there is a queue) to check-in your bags, then go through to the departure lounge.

Darren
I have never checked in on line either ! However, I did hear a comment made by a radio travel correspondent that said if you checked in online outbound you had to on the return flight too...which might not be possible. Maybe he was referring to Ryanair or Easyjet but it's worth pointing out !
I should be flying to Goa with Thomas Cook on Monday 1st February. Just phoned them after reading reports on here and they have told me that flights are showing for Sunday 31st January departing 13.00 and Operations Department should be contacting me soon to inform me of change. No Monday flights from Manchester
hey mbc

i know what you mean....each time i speak to soomeone they tell me a different story......dont think they know whats going on and they dont even care..

if they change or cancel your holiday you will get a whole ten pounds in compensation....wooo hooooo.................BUT if you cancel it yourself they will charge you 300 quid......how good is that.....

and these holiday companies wonder why they going bust and people wont travel with them

angie xxx
Have booked flights to Goa via Mumbai thru Southall Travel. They emailed me their Eticket which showed a baggage allowance of 28Kg. Today I checked the flight status on the Jet Airways web site and re-printed the Eticket (but the official Jet Airways one) and it shows a 46Kg allowance, thats 18Kg more :tup so that was worth 5 mins of my time.

So this means that the oh can take the contents of her hand bag ie. mig welder, cement mixer, trolly jack, workmate, lawnmower and the kitchen sink!

Al
Just phoned Southall Travel after reading the above,flying on Jet we also have 46kg+5kg cabin :tup [Heathrow/Mumbai]
great news
annX

Back to square one,our Kingfisher flight Mumbai/Goa only 25kg :(
hi all

just had a letter from thomas cook about my flights.....

the monday morning one is changed to 07.15 arriving in goa at 22.10 and the departing one is changed to monday night... departs goa at 20.55 and arrives back in manchester at 05.10 on tuesday morning

hope this helps

angie xx
Lets hope this is the last change Angie, as I now need to find accomadation for 1 night as we where previously due to arrive on the Tuesday morning. I still have a sneaky feeling they will move the flight to a Sunday as they are not available to book on Flythomascook but when you go to book a holiday on thomas cook.com the flight times show your confirmed times but charge a whopping £349 per person flight supplement!!! Do they really want people to go?
Weve also had new travel details. We leave Manchester on 11.01.10 at 07.15 arrive Goa 22.10 (TCX41K). Leave Goa on 26.01.10 at 07.50 arrive Manchester 13.05 (TCX41L). So why the difference?
:que
  • Edited by MCB 2009-08-27 19:08:55
hi all again...

well you never guess what!!!!!!

just been on thomas cook.com and they are now advertising monday flights again with the same flight times i have said above.....

not sure if this is a good sign and they finally know whats happening or i will turn up at the airport only to be met by a nice tuk tuk to get me there.....lol

angie xx
hey all

another update...lol

our return flight has been changed to 23.55 on monday night so this means we now have to vacate the hotel at midday and sit around for 10 hours in the sweltering heat with our suitcases.......i have complained endlessly to thomas cook but their attitude stinks and they are unwilling to help us....

i am absolutely fuming with them

angie xxx
FINNAIR!!

Just phoned Finnair about our flights, paid for in April, from Manchester to Mumbai to find out the flights from Helsinki to Mumbai have been cancelled. All flights to and from Mumbai have been cancelled for this winter. We were to fly with them on Nov 7th then on to Goa with Kingfisher,coming back from goa on the 28th Nov for one night in Mumbai, then back on to Helsinki for Manchester.

HELP!!!!!!!! :(
There was still availability on Qatar from Manchester but the prices had shot up when I looked yesterday. You wouldn't get the overnight in Mombai but the journey is quicker and simpler. Book through Southall and get 30kg baggage instead of the 20kg we got by booking direct.
Hi Southall travel have flights with Emirates on your date NOV7TH Man/Mum £376:10 :tup [change in Dubai]
AnnX
I think Qatar have taken a lot of business away from Finnair this winter. We flew to Mumbai twice last year with Finnair and both times the Helsinki- Mumbai flights were full.
Good luck Bonksy in trying to get new flights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.