Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If I were you Gemma I would cancel with Tickets to India straight away. They are not a company I would deal with if that's the kind of service they offer.
Book direct with the airline , pay by credit card and you are covered if the airline goes belly up. I think Tickets to India would offer little support if they can't even sort out a booking in the first place.
Yes Dave youre right of course, its appauling customer service.
But can they offer a flight at a certain price and then say because of a "backlog" processing the bookings that the price has gone up? :think We have documentation that we printed off when we booked the flights online so surely they couldnt just take an extra £300 for someones credit card without contacting them first?
Gemma33,

I would agree with DaveWales, you've recieved appalling service from them. I would ask one final time that they sort your flight by a certain day and that they honor the price you paid or you want to cancel with a full refund. To suggest the flights will now cost you an extra £300 when you purchased them at the original price and the increase is no fault to yourself just isn't on.

Darren
Darren, we have documentation that we printed off online at the time of the booking and it says the price on it, so I think they would be breaking the law by charging £300 more, so I dont think that will happen.
Unless we get it for the cheap price, then I wouldnt use them anyway, I would rather pay the correct price and book with another company or book direct with the airline.
We have pointed out to them that its not our fault they have a backlog and didnt process our booking last Friday.
We are going to leave it til Monday and see if the money comes off the card for the lower price and if it doesnt then we will cancel on Monday.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with this lot, Someone recommended them, on the Goa forum I think, and said they were cheaper than Southall Travel, who we often use, I'd taken a note to try them out the next time I was looking for flights, by the sound of your experience I've had a lucky escape. If You dont get E tickets very quickly, at the original price, I'd have nothing more to do with them, they are beginning to sound like a load of cowboys. Alan
Yes Alan youre right it was someone on the Goa forum who recommended them. Not that I am blame that person because they probably had a perfectly good experience.
However, I just thought it was worth bringing this to everyone's attention so they wont go thru the same as us.
Will let you know what the outcome is in a day or two.
Which is the airline,route and price they are meant to be getting you Gemma ?
Have you checked out Qatar ?
Dave its with Qatar Airlines supposedly booked thru Tickets to India. We have also booked with Qatar Airways for November as well. We booked directly with Qatar for the November flights.
Tickets to India were advertising at £455 for 2 people return, an astionishing price I know but now they are saying they made a mistake and its £300 more. The £400 and odd price has been on and off their site all week, and yesterday it was even down to £422 for two people.
Its not online today for that price but they are advertising some flights in November for £400 and odds return for 2.
So what exactly are they up to and whats going on :que
PS. All the above flights I am quoting are Heathrow - Doha - Goa.
I'm no expert on these things but it sounds like they should be reported to Trading Standards if they stated that as a price, on the other hand if it says "from £4**" it give them a get out but maybe only if they can demonstrate that they have sold tickets at the lower price.
Sorry Dave I maybe typed that incorrectly and misinformed you.
I am only quoting to you ie £400 and odds, just for quickness and convenience because the low prices were all varied, but thats not what it says on Tickets to India website, it gives the EXACT price.
So if you put your dates in and then follow it right thru to the booking page it comes up with £422 as the total price, for some November dates.
So the booking acknowledgement that we have says on it
TOTAL FOR SERVICE: £455.94

It doesnt say "prices from" anywhere on their site. Sorry for wording it badly.
I would give them an ultimatum then and threaten them with Trading Standards if they don't produce your tickets by return. They can't hide behind "it was a mistake" if they are still advertising at that price and I think legally they haven't got a leg to stand on .
Good luck.
I know Tickets to India are based in East London/Essex but I get the feeling their call centre is in India, certainly sounds like it. Its like talking to someone from the programme Mumbai Calling when you phone them.
I doubt they even know what Trading Standards is :really However, its a very good idea of yours Dave, and as you say they are still advertising at that price. I will phone Trading Standards on Monday before I call them back and I will know exactly where I stand before speaking to them.
Will let you know what happens.
Just to give you all an update.
I phoned Trading Standards this morning and explained the situation to them.
They said until we have the confirmation email from the company and the money is deducted from the credit card then there is no legally binding contract in place.
However he then went on to say that if we have the printed email with the price on it and they are saying it wasnt processed because of their backlog, then they cant do that.
He also said they shouldnt still be advertising the flights for the same price if the price doesnt exist.
He said there is a case to be answered. Its false advertising and giving out misleading information.
Trading Standards will now look into things, theyve given me a case number and I should hear back from them within the next 3 to 5 days. They are going to contact Tickets to India/Acetrip direct.
Also he said if they attempt to take the money PLUS the £300 extra then they would definitely be breaking the law.
Gemma, please keep us informed, and good luck.
hi gema 33 hope it all works out for you. feel sorry for you, does not give much confidence in this firm.
Thanks Gemma for letting us know about this company. We're in the process of searching for Goa flights for Dec and Tickets to India is one of the sites I've been looking at.....obviously they have just come off our list!! I hope you get your situation sorted. I'm only guessing, but, many travel sites have wording buried in their T&C's to the effect that your contract with them begins when they have emailed you with a final price and debited your card.
djk, thats exactly what Trading Standards told us - until the money comes out of the account and youve received your confirmation email, then there is no legal contract in place.

Anyway Ive not posted again because I am waiting to hear back from Tickets to India. They never returned any of my calls or emails so I sent them a 5 page complaint letter last Thursday (and forward copy to Trading Standards along with confirmation of price quoted to us) Tickets to India emailed a reply on Friday, filled with feebles excuses but they said they will try and come to some "arrangement" for us I am hoping I will hear back from them tomorrow, so will post as soon as I hear anything.
Well, perhaps they might come up with the goods in the end, but, No one needs that kind if hassle when booking tickets. I would be surprised if companies can 'hang on' to your credit card details and then bill you when they feel like it, but as trading standards have said, the ball seems to be in their court to send an email and debit your card - then your contract with them begins. This doesn't seem to be fair, as, I guess you would now like to move on to another company and get your flights sorted. Perhaps someone with a knowledge of credit card transactions can shed some light??
Just found this as well.......

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

They have other numbers listed, but I haven't checked them

EDIT: That link is not working, but, just put their name in the alternative number search
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.